• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Name:Maz
  • Car:72 LJ SL SEDAN.

Posted 31 October 2016 - 08:44 PM

So lj gtrs have same rad no used in 69 lc
3spd manual 2dr S ??

Edited by madtoranajzedded, 31 October 2016 - 08:46 PM.

#27 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Car:lj xu1

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:15 PM

Hi Baz, i seriously wasn't actually having a go at you, don't worry about what anyone says mate. You do heaps for people on this forum & surely everyone can appreciate that ! I can only imagine how bad ptsd could be to have, I've read a fair bit about it, couldn't be very easy sometimes im sorry to hear that you have it. Gary.

#28 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts
  • Car:ɐuɐɹoʇ

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:33 PM

Hi Baz, i seriously wasn't actually having a go at you, don't worry about what anyone says mate. You do heaps for people on this forum & surely everyone can appreciate that ! I can only imagine how bad ptsd could be to have, I've read a fair bit about it, couldn't be very easy sometimes im sorry to hear that you have it. Gary.

Hi mate.

No problem, no offence taken. I deal with it. I bought my XU-1 and came onto this forum as a form of therapy, but looking back at posts from 8 and 10 years ago the flavour of the forum has definitely changed. There is a lot more angst, derision and superflous crap that makes up the greater part of the posts. Quite a number of the early forum members have left because of bullying disguised as 'friendly banter'. Some of the moderated Facebook pages are becoming a better option.

Cheers

Bazza

#29 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,122 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 31 October 2016 - 10:15 PM

Hi mate.

No problem, no offence taken. I deal with it. I bought my XU-1 and came onto this forum as a form of therapy, but looking back at posts from 8 and 10 years ago the flavour of the forum has definitely changed. There is a lot more angst, derision and superflous crap that makes up the greater part of the posts. Quite a number of the early forum members have left because of bullying disguised as 'friendly banter'. Some of the moderated Facebook pages are becoming a better option.

Cheers

Bazza

Disagree we have still got quite a few members on here that are very knowledgable you included Bazza
the ones that leave well to frOckin bad there loss if you cant handle it get on a knitting forum

#30 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 10:29 PM

Sorry Gene, but i whole heartedly agree with Baz, I've been very close to pulling the pin on the forum myself of late. Some of the bickering is like a bunch of bitchy women sometimes & i feel like saying f@ck off back to Facebook, so we don't have to listen to your shit. It's not many people but frock me it's annoying & that's the reason for no Facebook in this house, because there's so much of the same on their. & before anyone puts shit on anyone, spend a month looking at the effects of ptsd & such likes. I am not pointing any fingers, that is strictly general ! Gary.

#31 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 10:39 PM

Maybe a trip to Bunning for you to Gary if anything the bickering you speak of has slowed right down
the regulars on here know how most people click on here
if you cant handle the heat dont get close to the fire
and im not pointing the finger either

#32 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 10:50 PM

And while im at it if most people would stay on topic most of the bickering wouldnt happen
this thread was about Radiators see what i mean

#33 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:02 PM

Gene, you, Baz & Dave weren't the people who i was referring too. You are amongst 3 of the most helpful on here. Yes i am guilty about asking a non radiator related question, you're right about that. & why am i taking a trip to bunnings mate ? Do they stock the knitting needles that i apparently need ? Gary.

#34 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:09 PM

Youd be suprised what Bunning stock

#35 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:21 PM

You're right I probably would be, but it'll be at a flippen marked up price whatever it is ! My guess is that I'm to look in the concrete isle ?

#36 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:25 PM

I'm not trying to have a winge Gene, just trying to keep the peace mate. Gary.

#37 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:41 PM

I'm not trying to have a winge Gene, just trying to keep the peace mate. Gary.

Chill brother lifes to short for trivial things

#38 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:12 AM

Is Bunning's where you buy your knitting needles Gene ?

#39 _oz772_

_oz772_
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:09 PM

Whats the difference between std rad to xu1
guys.

Standard radiator has 9 cooling fins/inch

3100X radiator has 12 cooling fins/inch

CK (and LJ according to parts book) radiator has 14.5 cooling fins/inch

#40 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:17 PM

Hi mate.

Cheers

Bazza

Just to keep it off topic.

Baz, you joined up 18 months earlier than me. Too be honest I haven't noticed a big change Since, besides increased membership, which would certainly change the dynamic.

People, expert or not, come and go. Sure, some may get the shits with the group and leave, but I reckon it's more likely due to personal circumstances, not a beef with the forum in general.

If you consider Facebook groups to have a similar amount of crap going on, then you obviously aren't a member of many groups. I actually bite my tongue often at the amount of bullshit posted on Torana pages.

Just remember, when you joined, you asked as many dumb questions as new members you probably shake your head at and move along to the next post, these days.

If someone chooses not to contribute its their loss.

:)

#41 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:30 PM

Adam, i probably was being very general with the Facebook comment, but there is a fair few tossers on there & that is the reason i personally don't like it myself. There's some great things too, i understand but it's not my thing. & i do choose to avoid some people & that makes it easy to do. Rookie questions are not what i was talking about, it's the occasional posts that go to far. & sometimes we probably ont

Adam, i probably was being very general with the Facebook comment, but there is a fair few tossers on there & that is the reason i personally don't like it myself. There's some great things too, i understand but it's not my thing. & i do choose to avoid some people & that makes it easy to do. Rookie questions are not what i was talking about, it's the occasional posts that go to far. & sometimes we probably don't take people situations into account enough that was my thoughts. Gary.

Sorry for the double post, this phone is really shiting me atm. 😠

#42 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:54 PM

Wasn't even quoting you mate, so it's all good ;). Lol, unless your name's Baz?

#43 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:03 PM

Fair enough Adam, i was sort of just trying to smooth the waters between everyone though. I just don't want to see the disagreements.

#44 kiwi-lilj

kiwi-lilj

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts
  • Name:Blair
  • Car:LIL J

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:06 PM

if any of you are actually looking for knitting needles I would recommend you go to Spotlight rather than Bunnings.

#45 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:16 PM

People being precious, sensitive and elitist is what ruins forums. The drivel, banter and informative posts all have a place.

Don't be bringing them needles to Canberra.

#46 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:28 PM

On topic fellas

#47 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:37 PM

How many fins per inch in your NOS Gtr radiator Gene ?

Edited by Skapinad, 01 November 2016 - 07:37 PM.

#48 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:41 PM

How many fins per inch in your NOS Gtr radiator Gene ?

frOck nose

#49 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:46 PM

Well if anyone wants to know what that means it's someone being snobbish about their higher education. & the information that Baz freely gives to all member's doesn't seem snobbish, nor descrimnative to me. & he gives a lot to this forum as do many. I simply stated for people to be open to some people's suffering ect, & it's called common f@cking respect ! I don't get on here causing shit or trying too, Baz has stated that he has ptsd, that isn't being pety or a sook. & until anyone knows what causes it for him, not that it's anyone's business, please take it into consideration. You don't know what anyone's situation is. I'm generalizing here not pointing out anyone.

#50 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:54 PM

What the f are you talking about Gary ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users