IPRA Nationals/Island Magic

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 _Thomastorana_

_Thomastorana_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:16 AM

If anyone is keen to come down and watch at PI this weekend we have our IPRA nationals which is run in conjunction with Island Magic. There are 130 odd cars entered alone for our category 2x fields of over 2 litre cars and 1x under 2litre, should be some great racing on display. Also they will be running historic touring cars which includes group nc I believe, few torana to watch there. Sports Sedans are running Damian Johnson is entered in his Folden. Should be a great weekend. I've probably got a couple of spare tickets if anyone Victoria based is keen on coming out. Ph 0407913770 and I can leave some at the gate. Cheers Chris Thomas

#2 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:26 PM

Good luck Chris, hope the weather holds out for you!

I'm pretty sure Gary McKay is running his LJ as well Paul Rule with his hatchback, with that many cars entered its going to be pretty crazy on track!

cheers,

Sam 

#3 _Thomastorana_

_Thomastorana_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:09 PM

Yep it's going to be great, battle of the toranas again. I can't wait there will be a livestream service too. It's called blend line tv livestream all the action will be live Saturday and Sunday.

#4 RallyRed

RallyRed

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:13 PM

sounds like fun....hope you go well. .I think a few here are at Bathurst this weekend also.

All these old Toranas - still got a bit of life in them!

#5 Dodgey

Dodgey

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Name:Steve

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:36 PM

Hi Chris

How was Island Magic?

I have heard on the grape vine that you were quite quick and gave some of the locals the hurry up?

Steve

#6 _Thomastorana_

_Thomastorana_
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:26 PM

Had a pretty good weekend down at the nationals, I was slightly unhappy with my result as I was hoping to be the first Torana home. Paul Rule beat me to that one by a few spots. We had a small issue in our qualifying session, it rained on us!! The other group got a dry session which put us back a bit from the word go. Anyway had some good dices with other cars and no damage which helps. Ended up breaking the teeth from the pinion gear in race 3 which pushed me back on the grid for the final, started in 32nd and finished in 21st. I can honestly say it was a very fast field of cars. The other big problem was I actually turned the camera off instead of turning it on for the final. Anyway there are 3 heat races to watch. There are some quick L34s and A9Xs, but the trusty XU1 still punches hard against them. Anyway in prep mode now for the combined sedans at the 12hr in February.
https://youtu.be/Y7s_nuWQw54
https://youtu.be/1bRfqdFSh3c
https://youtu.be/Tj433Hw41qc

#7 Adam77

Adam77

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Car:LX sedan

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:51 PM

Fantastic driving Chris, around the outside cold tyres lukey heights ,Big effort well done .Its amazing how much confidence you have in the car and your brakes must be of a f1.Love all of the footage,

#8 _Thomastorana_

_Thomastorana_
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:22 PM

Haha yep i really had to pass as many cars asap, generally the first lap or two the car is quite strong. Put a good set of brakes on it earlier last year and it really does help the cars pace. Cheers Adam it was abreast weekend. It's a shame I didn't catch the final as it was also a great race.

#9 LC-GTR-1969

LC-GTR-1969

Shed tinkerer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts
  • Car:Which one?
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:28 PM

New motor looks like its running very strong Chris! Looks like you have a little more line speed than that red XU1 with the JZED head, very impressive. Go the irving mate.

Also, looks like some big HP cars there but you smother them in the corners and under brakes!

#10 _Agent 34_

_Agent 34_
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:55 PM

island magic,

nice driving on the racing, that little car stops and steers a treat.

big HP track as well but a good handling car on 1,4, and the hay shed make up for all the hp in the world.

coming into the lukey heights and then into turn 10 really  was a strong part of the race.

nice.

i put my entry into bathurst next year instead of PI easter.

car always sounds strong.

g

#11 _Thomastorana_

_Thomastorana_
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:06 AM

Thanks Grant, still need to dial out some fast speed under steer. We are working on it, by chance do you know anyone on the forum who would have any UC Torana uc arms that they would want to sell. I'm after a set I've been told you can set up the front geometry with more caster with those uc arms. If anyone on the forum has some id be glad to speak with them.

PS, Bathurst is always great fun. I'm racing with the combined sedans again in February. Should be awesome.

#12 LC-GTR-1969

LC-GTR-1969

Shed tinkerer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts
  • Car:Which one?
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:42 PM

Attached File  Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 4.40.35 pm.png   306.21K   0 downloads

Thanks Grant, still need to dial out some fast speed under steer. We are working on it, by chance do you know anyone on the forum who would have any UC Torana uc arms that they would want to sell. I'm after a set I've been told you can set up the front geometry with more caster with those uc arms. If anyone on the forum has some id be glad to speak with them.

PS, Bathurst is always great fun. I'm racing with the combined sedans again in February. Should be awesome.

Gday Chris, I just saw this ad on faceshyte and thought you may be interested- he may have what you are after... if you would like me to get the number just let me know

#13 _Thomastorana_

_Thomastorana_
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:57 PM

Wow cool thanks Justin, I'll have a look at that page tonight. Cheers

#14 _Agent 34_

_Agent 34_
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:15 PM

chris - i put the UC ones in the rocket, paid a fifty for them.

they come up on flebay now and then, but well worth the effort and change over, the only problem is that you need to drop the K frame to get them in.

#15 _Thomastorana_

_Thomastorana_
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:53 PM

Cool I'll keep my eyes peeled for some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users