Wiper mounts

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 _brendan_h_

_brendan_h_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:19 PM

I'm not sure on the correct name for them but im after a set of the mounts that the windscreen wipers mount onto. Does anyone know if anyone makes them or if anyone has a set they would like to sell?
I know there's one on gumtree but i have been unsuccessful contacting him.
Thanks

#2 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Car:lj xu1

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:58 PM

It's just a wiper mechanism as far as i know mate, there's a guy on ebay who wrecks toranas, you may have to buy the whole inside mechanism from him. Nothing aftermarket that I've seen. Gary.

#3 _brendan_h_

_brendan_h_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:55 AM

Cheers. I had a look on ebay again this morning and scored a nos set. No idea how i didnt see them every other time i searched.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

#4 _brendan_h_

_brendan_h_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:55 PM

Could anyone tell me how to replace them? had a quick look threw the vent, looks like to access the bolts its inside the car behind the dash? would i get away with just dashing the cluster out?

#5 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:09 PM

Hi Brendan, you're really testing the memory, but you may be able to with a 1/4" drive set. I'm really interested in seeing the finish on them if you could pm me a photo of them, or even a link to the add on ebay, so i can see the original finish. That would be very much appreciated, Gary.

#6 _brendan_h_

_brendan_h_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:12 AM

Hi Brendan, you're really testing the memory, but you may be able to with a 1/4" drive set. I'm really interested in seeing the finish on them if you could pm me a photo of them, or even a link to the add on ebay, so i can see the original finish. That would be very much appreciated, Gary.

Will do once i get then.
I didnt really want to take the whole dash apart, hoping i can get to them without pulling it all off

#7 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:46 PM

Lj dash to me is a very basic job, compared to late model stuff, a couple of hours you could have the instrument cluster & glove box all out ect. Heater box is a pita, good quality 1/4" drive set is the best thing though + you can buy tube sockets to suit, imperial sizes can be difficult to get sometimes now though. Gary.

#8 _brendan_h_

_brendan_h_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:10 PM

772cbc94746034cd42b37a187cc5801e.jpg

Got them today. Looks to be zinc finished.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users