LC Torana Diff Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _waz355_

_waz355_
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:26 PM

Hi Guys and Gals,

Need some help with a diff measurement please! I've had a borg warner diff housing made by a Melbourne diff shop and I think they've stuffed the measurements up. Again! Already had it back as they made it too wide and now I've got it back I've noticed the lower control arm angle looks wrong and the springs angle out.

Wondering if someone with a standard LC banjo diff can measure the distance between the 2 lower control arm brackets right near the shock mounts. I've attached a couple of photos to help explain. Appreciate any help!

Attached Files

#2 Davis

Davis

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Name:Drew
  • Car:LC 2 door

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:38 PM

I got 810mm mate

#3 UCSLE

UCSLE

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Name:troy
  • Car:Goggomobil

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:06 PM

going by them measurements that would suit a LH , they are about 80mm different to the LC

#4 _waz355_

_waz355_
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:28 PM

Thanks, yes that's what I suspected as they made the width to an LX width which is why I took it back the first time. So looks like he made the whole diff to suit LH/LX and not LC and all he did was shorten it and not worry about the mounts being in the wrong spot.

Not happy, supposed to be a "professional" diff shop. Cost me 1500 for the diff and axles and you should see the quality of the welds. Bit worried about how it will end up now they need to hack all the brackets off and re-weld them.

Thanks for your help.

#5 rexy

rexy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • Name:Rexy
  • Car:Kia grand carnival!!!

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:36 PM

Who did the diff for you?

#6 _waz355_