LC engine bay wiring

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _Dubya_

_Dubya_
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:59 AM

Hey people. I'm new to the forum. Would anyone have some good images of engine bay wiring loom lay out. Much appreciated in advance

#2 Indy Orange

Indy Orange

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts
  • Name:Paul

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:14 PM

I've thought of making a big board with nails on it at the correct lengths and colours for the LC,(duplicate schematics on to the board)from engine bay to the tail lights,you would have to get a good original one to begin with .A bit like this ,well you know what I mean.

Attached Files

#3 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Car:lj xu1

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:30 PM

You'd need 3 board's wouldn't you ? As they're in 3 sections. Many years ago i worked in a factory & we had people in my section building wiring harnesses (not me) & they pretty much did a similar thing, just had a starting point & like a nail when there was a change in direction & another where it stopped or had a connection ect. That would be my thought pattern of how to do it, someone might have a better idea though. Gary.

#4 RallyRed

RallyRed

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,840 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:44 PM

yep...we used to make train/loco harnesses the the same way back in the day as apprentices.

Just be careful, if you use a schematic, it wont work,..... as they only show functionality...not geography/length/distance.

#5 RallyRed

RallyRed

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,840 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:24 PM

p.s. ....difficult to get 1 pic that shows all.....do you want any particular area?..happy to take some for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users