Lx front end rebuild.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 _fli304_

_fli304_
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:55 AM

I have a standard lx front end that had a 4cyl in it. K frame changed to v8 one now. I will be running wilwood front 320mm brakes with 20 inch rims. I have seen many threads that talk about changing the upper control arms to uc but not sure why. Is this an absolute must. What's the advantages of changing the UCA and steering rack to UC. Thanks

#2 axistr

axistr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:39 AM

The big advantage of using UC top control arms is the ability to add more positive caster to the wheel alignment. With greater positive caster the car will have a more weighted feel but better vehicle stability and better camber change through corners. Its shopping trolley verses go cart steering geometry theory.

You can also expect better static cambers not having to over stack the inner top control arm mount with heaps of shims to get a decent wheel alignment. If your using UC top control arms is also best to use the UC steering arms, they offer better bump steer curves especially when using the UC arms.     

#3 _fli304_

_fli304_
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:12 AM

The big advantage of using UC top control arms is the ability to add more positive caster to the wheel alignment. With greater positive caster the car will have a more weighted feel but better vehicle stability and better camber change through corners. Its shopping trolley verses go cart steering geometry theory.

You can also expect better static cambers not having to over stack the inner top control arm mount with heaps of shims to get a decent wheel alignment. If your using UC top control arms is also best to use the UC steering arms, they offer better bump steer curves especially when using the UC arms. Cheers

Thanks for the info. All makes sense now. Better start the hunt for these. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users