Next weekend (Saturday April 1st) a friend of mine is running an awesome period type race event at 'Wilby Park', a little track near the border of NSW/VIC.
17190379_1325177620883343_432175429488310020_n.jpg 77.08K 1 downloads
Basic rundown is:
- Pretty cheap day to flog your classic car around a track
- Low-pressure driving environment
- Sprint/time-trial type configuration, no door-to-door racing, good for nice/valuable cars.
- Small event, should be heaps of track time
- All models of Torana accepted including UC, but need to be period style (No Showheel Streeters, No chrome mountain out the bonnet and house of kolor, Yes drop tanks, roll cages, 15x10"s, etc.)
- Not just Toranas obviously, vintage cars, old race specials, whatever you and your mates have as long as it fits the outlines on the website. Gotta be period stuff
- Everything in the pits will be cool and old, no tow cars ruining photos.
- Camping at the track Friday night (frOcken sick)
- Catering available (need to opt-in)
A few Toranas from the forum are entered, I'm taking my 911 if I get the motor back in it soon, working my arse off ATM. Very excited.
Edited by Heath, 22 March 2017 - 10:38 AM.