Mr_pickles86

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Name:Thomas ferguson
  • Car:LC GTR 12/70

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:20 PM

hi guys just chasing some information about my LC GTR  paint : 567 12188   Lakeside green. 

i believe a very small number of vehicles were sold in this colour possibly only 5.

my car was a Brisbane built vehicle.  

any information would be much appreciated 

#2 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts
  • Car:ɐuɐɹoʇ

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:25 PM

Hi Thomas

Here is my response to your same question this morning.

Hi Thomas

I don't know where people get this information about numbers of how many cars were produced in "this colour" or "that colour". The fact is that I doubt if Holden even kept that kind of record. What I can say is that I have been collecting data on GTRs and XU-1s for quite a few years (mainly from sites such as eBay, Gumtree, AMCS etc etc.). Whilst my database is substantial, it represents only a fraction of the almost 14000 LC and LJ GTRs and XU-1s that were built. I have come across 5 Lakeside Green LC GTRs during the time that I have been harvesting this information; this being the case, it follows that there are probably scores of other Lakeside Green Met.GTRs cars that have either not come up for sale, ended up in the wreckers yards or otherwise disappeared. 

Lakeside Green Met would seem to be somewhat rare when you consider that I have details of 37 Kashmir White GTRs and XU-1s produced during the same LC period. Again, this is only a fraction of the total produced.

If you would like me to check your numbers - PM me. Let's hope it's not one of the 2 dodgy ones that are included in the 5 mentioned above.

Cheers

Bazza

#3 lakeside

lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC SBC

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:02 PM

There were only 5 LC gtr's built, no XU1 at all in this colour. 3 were black trim and 2 saddlewood trim.

I owned a 7/70 saddlewood trim lakeside green gtr. The colour was delete 6/70.

This is of the black trimmed cars.

lsgtr03.jpg
lsgtr01.jpg
lsgtr05.jpg

#4 lakeside

lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:40 PM

This is one of the two sandalwood gtr's.

gtr09.jpg

#5 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:16 PM

Hi all

All a rule I don't get into online debates - and I won't this time. I will say this however and leave it at that. Lakeside Green Metallic is a 1970 colour and any new colours were introduced mid year. I have the details of 5 Lakeside Green Met. cars: 3 Adelaide GTRs (2 built July '70 and 1 built Feb '71)  1 Melbourne GTR built Sept '70 and 1 Brisbane GTR built Oct '70.

Cheers

Bazza

Attached Files

#6 lakeside

lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:49 PM

The was delete in the 6 month of 1970. I was told by the people from NSW who had the orig records. I think this name was Michael and his wife also got the forum as well. They were very helpful due to the colour and even found orig eng number because it not listed in the records. His flavour colour was lakeside and own lakeside Moraro. There are only 13-14 Moraro in the this colour as well.

#7 lakeside

lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:53 PM

He also said that some cars were special orders.

#8 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:57 PM

How could it be 'deleted' in the 6th month of 1970, when it wasn't even scheduled to be introduced until July '70, and why print it on the August '70 colour charts? It appears that someone forgot to tell the the factories that Lakeside wasn't going to be available.

Anyhow, you have your mind made up but I would rather trust empirical evidence than anecdotal.

Cheers

Bazza

#9 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:27 AM

I love threads like this.

So much hearsay.

I understand wishing to know more about your car and it's individual production quirks, but I always get the feeling people are just looking for bragging rights or to somehow try and improve the value of their car by claiming it's a rare colour.

Records don't exist. That's the end of it. You can't prove anything for sure. It's a nice colour, it would appear there aren't many out there. Leave it at that

#10 Mr_pickles86

Mr_pickles86

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Name:Thomas ferguson
  • Car:LC GTR 12/70

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:06 PM

Hi there guys thank you so much forsharing your knowledge on these vehicles. And bazza i also agree with you that there is not enough info out there to say true numbers produced. And how could it be delete 6/70 car is a 12/70 Brisbane built car with sandlwood trim.
And thanks lakeside for those pics i cant seem to find any realy online so far only a chopped tubbed drag LC coupe called WILDLC

#11 _76lxJAS_

_76lxJAS_
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:22 PM

Mine is a super rare 1 of. no other's were produced and painted in this super rare hard to find color. And the trim code is not listed in anything so it must be a super dooper realy rare combo. This makes it priceless lmao..

#12 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,119 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:26 PM

Mine is a super rare 1 of. no other's were produced and painted in this super rare hard to find color. And the trim code is not listed in anything so it must be a super dooper realy rare combo. This makes it priceless lmao..

Its a hairdressers car Jase go to Bunnings

#13 _76lxJAS_

_76lxJAS_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:44 PM

Hmmm hmmmm aahhh hmmmmm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users