gooley

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Car:Holden Torana LC 1970 Coupe

Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:05 PM

Is Castlemaine Rod shop the only supplier of these kits?

Are there any other out there?

Before I go and purchase the kit, I want to make sure it's top quality and I want to hear reviews on them.

Edited by gooley, 29 March 2017 - 04:06 PM.

#2 _duggan208_

_duggan208_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:25 AM

I have one in my LC the only negative I can say is that the Left hand side was a bit of a battle to fit, only out by about 2-3 mm. Could have simply been a mass produced LC Torana made in 1970. When I jack up one corner of the car there is not as much body flex when you open and try to shut the doors. Not bad. Handeling wise I can notice the stiffer body, car body that is. You have to cover yourself when using the word stiff.

Regards

#3 Brysie

Brysie

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Name:Bryan
  • Car:LJ

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:48 PM

Hi Gooley

I have a CRS kit I removed from from an LJ, that I've been thinking about selling. If your interested PM me and we can work something out.

Cheers

#4 MODNIZD

MODNIZD

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Name:Phil
  • Car:4 Door LC RB25DET

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:56 AM

I am finnally about to install mine which has been sitting for years in my my shed. Will keep you posted how I go.

When I was looking into them, it was pretty much the only option. I have noticed a guy selling what looks to be a much weaker version that he has just template the side of the rail and cut some 10mm plate that you weld to the side of the rail. As much has I have had issues with CRS, I think they are the best kit. Lets see if I say the same once I have it installed. :P

#5 _mick166_

_mick166_
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:01 PM

Hi Phil,

Im fitting my CRS kit in the next couple of weeks. Just wondering how you went with this.

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users