Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Name:Dion
  • Car:LC SL

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:19 PM

Gday all,

My car is a LC torana 186. Fixed my booster and got rid of my ballist resistor. Cars finally running and then I notice a leak in the radiator. Someone has filled a hole with Araldite glue. It almost overheated when one of the fans stopped working. Any ideas on a radiator I should use. I want max cooling but dont want to have to redrill any holes,. I would like to use original mounts. Also should I stick with my twin fans or do something else?

Thanks all.

#2 rexy

rexy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts
  • Name:Rexy
  • Car:Kia grand carnival!!!

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:02 PM

I have just put a cheap Chinese aluminium radiator in my yellow LJ. Seems well made and keeps the Holden V8 in it cool.

#3 _hutch_

_hutch_
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:41 AM

I have 2 friends let's call them Bill and Ben,both own XW GT lookalikes,both air conditioned,Bills car runs everything standard GT spec Bill is smart,Bens car runs a Clevo water pump on a Windsor,also an electric water pump,XF radiator and fans,Bill can drive his car around town with the air con running no overheating,Ben can't run his around town without it getting hot full stop.
Bill is smart be like Bill.
I have a copper Heavy duty radiator and standard fan, ,run a 190 thermostat never gets hot,all bolts up every thing standard no modifications

#4 rexy

rexy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts
  • Name:Rexy
  • Car:Kia grand carnival!!!

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:25 PM

I suspect Ben has forgotten to add a relay to his fans so they can draw enough current to do their job...

#5 _hutch_

_hutch_
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:59 PM

Ben has relays and all the bullshit you could imagine,including a watchdog to protect the engine lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users