#1 piquet

piquet

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:47 AM

Some lowlife scumbags stole my tandem car trailer from out the front of my home over night.
It happened at about 1215 this morning
Vic Reg plates attached V96-191
Trailer is distinctive bein made of lightweight steel building trusses. When I can get a photo of trailer without the race car on it I'll post.
The trailer was stolen from Forest Hill on Melbourne.

Quite distinctive. Never seen a trailer built like it. Has Aluminium chequerplate flooring on vehicle track areas. 7x14 magnum alloy wheels, electric winch, timber ramps. Led lights, electric brakes, swing up jockey wheel.

Any leads treated in confidence.
Victoria Police notified.

#2 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:02 PM

Damn that sucks.
I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Looking fwd to your photos

#3 _kangur_

_kangur_
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:06 AM

Must have been found, 3 days since the post and no photos still. Can't be that keen to get it back, the longer its left the longer you have no chance of recovering it

#4 71xu1

71xu1

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Car:LC GTR XU1

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:41 AM

Unbelievable.

#5 piquet

piquet

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:10 PM

No it hasnt been recovered .

I really dont need those sort of smart arsed comments from guys on this forum.

I have been trying to get photos altered to erase the car from the photos and then post the photos of the trailer only.

I really dont need the chance of the pricks that stole the trailer finding out what is in the shed and coming and deciding that they might tyake my XU1, all the parts and my other cars as well.

So please lay off the criticism. Not all of us are totally conversant with doing things apart from typing letters into a computer and looking at pictures.

#6 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts
  • Name:Mmmmmmm
  • Car:lx hatchback lc gtr

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:26 PM

Good luck getting it back. I had 1 stolen from my parents place in 2001 and have never seen it again. It was very distinctive too. Hopefully you have better luck than i have had.

#7 piquet

piquet

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:44 PM

There is a photo of the trailer only on my FB page. Trying to work out how to put it here.

#8 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:42 PM

I wondered if this was you, saw it on Facebook just before.

I hope you get it back.

#9 CI 0308

CI 0308

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:77 LX SS, VX SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:47 PM

From your BookFace Page

Trailer_zpsuw6xerhj.jpg

#10 piquet

piquet

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:02 PM

Thanks for transferring the photo of the trailer to thi page. It's appreciated. I had no idea how to do it.
As you can see the construction of the trailer sides is distinctive. Being steel low profile light weight flooring trusses. The front cross side is also a steel flooring truss but of a different design. The recast of the trailer framework is 75x50 mm box section. The wheels are 7x14 Magnum alloy wheels, Torana bolt pattern. It has a 2000kg electricwinch fitted to the draw bar.

The wheel tracks are Aluminium Chequerplate tec screwed in place.

Not much more that I can describe.

#11 CI 0308

CI 0308

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:77 LX SS, VX SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:17 PM

No Problem, Happy to help. Hope you get it back and the scum are caught.

#12 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,997 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:18 PM

I'll keep my eye out. I'm on the road most days in the west. Please don't leave this forum because of dickhead comments.

#13 Tyre biter

Tyre biter

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:Should have gone with Palais...

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:08 PM

No it hasnt been recovered .
I really dont need those sort of smart arsed comments from guys on this forum.

I have been trying to get photos altered to erase the car from the photos and then post the photos of the trailer only.
I really dont need the chance of the pricks that stole the trailer finding out what is in the shed and coming and deciding that they might tyake my XU1, all the parts and my other cars as well.

So please lay off the criticism. Not all of us are totally conversant with doing things apart from typing letters into a computer and looking at pictures.

The "comments" and "guys" making them relate to one - out of almost 7.5k members no less.
One person's opinion does not a majority make and as evidenced since, a number are able and/or willing to help.
Best of luck and I really hope your trailer turns up or in the least it was insured.
Cheers, TB

#14 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:57 AM

I'm out your way piquet.

Eyes peeled.

#15 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:18 PM

I'll keep an eye out here in the North. Hopefully it turns up.

#16 piquet

piquet

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:39 PM

Thanks for the encouragement.

I'm not intending to leave..

It is all a bit much

The week before my ute had the hard lid forced open and some of my tools were stolen, which didnt help my demeneor

The excess on the tools was $750 and the value was less than that so I lost out again..

Then the pricks stole the trailer, so I am a bit touchy. The trailer was only insured for when it was in use, so I've ben told..

I'll just buy the steel eventually and make a new one or buy a second hand one that is close to what I want and the modify it to suit the Torana and the Prince Skyline that I also used to race (and still have)

The noticable thing abut the trailer is the sides which can be seen in the photos which as I said are made of steel flooring trusses. They are about 300 mm high, ideal so that the door of the car can be opened and you dont have to climb out the window.

#17 piquet

piquet

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:42 PM

Thanks for the encouragement.

I'm not intending to leave..

It is all a bit much

The week before my ute had the hard lid forced open and some of my tools were stolen, which didnt help my demeneor

The excess on the tools was $750 and the value was less than that so I lost out again..

Then the pricks stole the trailer, so I am a bit touchy. The trailer was only insured for when it was in use, so I've ben told..

I'll just buy the steel eventually and make a new one or buy a second hand one that is close to what I want and the modify it to suit the Torana and the Prince Skyline that I also used to race (and still have)

The noticable thing abut the trailer is the sides which can be seen in the photos which as I said are made of steel flooring trusses. They are about 300 mm high, ideal so that the door of the car can be opened and you dont have to climb out the window.

Do you want to know the funny thing. The day after it was stolen I recieved a letter from vicroads to say the registration had lapsed and that it was herby classified as unregistered. I forgot to pay the rego 1 month earlier. So the good thing is that I did'nt lose 12 months registration!!

#18 RallyRed

RallyRed

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,836 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:39 AM

better get onto the insurance company, and tell them that is was unregoed, so you want some of the premium back!!, as you couldnt  ""use it"".

Hope you find it mate........they would have to take it interstate?..as the risk you;d see it one day would be too great if it was still around?

#19 piquet

piquet

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:19 PM

I also have a number of contacts within the Motor Racing family so there is every chance if it was to turn up to a race meeting it would be recognised.

I'll have a chat to the lesser of two thieves and se where I go.

#20 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:32 PM

Your insurance is only useful when you make a claim so please feel free to mention the insurance company and we can all steer clear in the future.

I would be contacting the ombudsman about that one too. If it is on your property and you have it there to transport your car then technically it is in use.

Also, when the thieves attached it to their vehicle, they were using it. So at the point they stole it, ie when they dragged it off your property, it was in use.

There will no doubt be a description of what 'in use' means in your policy though so maybe they have covered their butts, still a bad attitude for them to have.

Sorry to hear about this, a LOT of car trailers disappear never to be seen again unfortunately. Went through a stage where there was one  reported every couple of days on Facebook.

#21 8BALL

8BALL

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Name:..
  • Car:yep

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:41 PM

Keep a shitty car part on it always.
Therfore it is "always" in use...

If they wanna be frOckwits then we can too.

It was in useas i was moving said carpart from A to B the next day etc.

#22 piquet

piquet

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:57 PM

Could an admin please delet my post Number 22 above  which contains a link to google with my home address.

a couple of members have helped me out by modifying the Google image  and allowing me to post the photo of the trailer

here it is

Attached Files

#23 piquet

piquet

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:46 PM

I'd like to say that my trailer has been located but sadly that is not true.

Contacted the local police about what was happening to say the least they were totally disinterested in even thinking about my trailer.

So much for the caring local coppers..

In my opinion they are a WOFTAM.

They'd much rather sit on the side of the road and book people for travelling 3 km over the posted speed limit.

I have to say I didn't expect much more from them so I'm really not disappointed.

#24 piquet

piquet

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:48 PM

There seems to be so much in the way of stolen trailers that it has to be organised. One manufacturer here in Melbourne, according to reports, lost/had stolen 14 tandem trailers from his yard in one night. Now that's not just a random thing that is organised crime.

So there must be information out there about what the organisation is and who is doing this.

Edited by piquet, 17 May 2017 - 10:49 PM.

#25 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,997 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:55 PM

7-11 in the west don't supply tandems anymore due to theft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users