rexy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts
  • Name:Rexy
  • Car:Kia grand carnival!!!

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:27 PM

Wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem.
A little while ago I had the converter in the ute changed from 3000 stall to 4000. This was an all new dominator converter replacing my old dominator converter.
The box was performing well with nice crisp shifts but given it had had several years of use behind the big block I asked them to give it a once over while it was out. They apparently found a few small odds and ends but nothing of great concern.
New flexplate but no other changes.

Since back in the car the 1-2 shift is soft, particularly at anything over mild throttle. They have had a couple of goes at adjusting the valve body without any appreciable improvement. There doesn't seem to be a good plan of attack for a solution at this stage, just comment that there might be a few more things to try and that they are "doing lots of research".

This isn't an exotic combo by any means. Street and track racers have used a BBC/T400 mix as the weapon of choice for decades.

Has anyone else experienced this scenario? I am starting to lose confidence in this otherwise well thought of and recommended to me business.

#2 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:46 PM

I have a sneeky suspicion that they may have mixed parts when re assembling, maybe you had a modded valve body and they inadvertently put a standard one back in?
Different accumulator spring fitted?
Check balls?
Clutch clearance?
The list goes on.
Im only guessing it could be several things

Edited by TerrA LX, 31 May 2017 - 08:47 PM.

#3 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:48 PM

Does it have an adjustable modulator or is it delete?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users