Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Name:Vinny
  • Car:Hq monaro, VR Clubby
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:19 PM

Hi Jono, I'm not sure to be honest. The bushes were totally collapsed and I didn't pay any attention to them.

But now you have me thinking. I'm still a little way off of refitting mine but I will check on a few other cars.

If you could scan the measurements that would be great. I have heaps of torana workshop manuals but no h series.

Got a few more pics from my panel beater today. 

Attached Files

#27 SableMet7/73

SableMet7/73

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Name:Jono

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:20 AM

No problem Vinny, I found an old post by HQSS on another forum confirming the rears are installed as I described.

I've met Paul a couple of times & he knows his HQ's. I've got the 2 bushes that make the 1 mount here & there's 7mm

difference in the thickness so its important their in correctly or you'll end up with a drive line vibe like mine + I've a couple

that are split anyway.

See, Fat Al the spray painter pulled my rails when he wasn't supposed to & installed the rears like the fronts so now my

drive line has more of a downward angle than it should, bit more to the story but we'll leave it at that.

Got heaps of prob's with my PC & XP posting pic's, answering pm's & nearly everything else & I'm not sure on what the legals

are putting copyrighted GMH content on here, so PM me your email & I'll keep trying till it lets me in. Plus it'll save you getting

bombarded with dodgey emails from Nigerian prince's & the like putting those details up here for all to see. 

I'll send you scans of both the underbody layout & the bush installation.

J

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users