• Guests

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:09 AM

https://www.motormag...t-gets-on-track

#2 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:33 PM

THats cool. 

My only concern is will it have the wild elevation changes that makes the existing mt panorama what it is?

After all If you layed Bathurst out on flat ground it would be a rather boring racetrack not really worth noting on the yearly calendar.....

#3 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,960 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:58 PM

THats cool. 

My only concern is will it have the wild elevation changes that makes the existing mt panorama what it is?

After all If you layed Bathurst out on flat ground it would be a rather boring racetrack not really worth noting on the yearly calendar.....

G'day All

Totally   :iagree:  With Bomber and hopefully the "Bathurst 1000" will remain on the existing track

Bathurst 1000 is ingrained into any car racing fan, changing it to another circuit albeit still in the same area (Mount Panorama)

would be sacrilege, un-Australian and basically stupid   :wacko:

Making that area into a multi-track car/bike motor sport complex is a very good idea  :spoton:

RegardSS .............. Barry 

#4 RallyRed

RallyRed

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:44 PM

I reckon this is all about using the Bathurst iconic reputation, not about stealing the race. 

I think the existing track, being a public road with houses etc, can only be used as a racetrack 5 times a year. ( although some of those ""times"" may be 5 days long).

The new track will offer the ability to run, however many events/track days/sponsor rides etc etc, and still have the smell of the Bathurst magic.

Hope it works out  for them, its a good news story

IMHO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users