#1 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:10 AM

Hi, I am trying to fit my shifter to the gearbox and I don't seem to have all the parts for the reverse lever.  Looking at the parts catalogue there is an insulator that fits in the lever hole and I am wondering if anyone knows/has a pic of what this looks like and/or what it can be replaced with.  The lever hole for reverse is somewhat larger than the others to accommodate the insulator so I don't think I can just use the standard pin with washers without the insulator.  Sorry I can't upload the parts catalogue page for some reason but FYI it is page 273 of the LX  parts catalogue (item 11 and PN 7418439 - Insulator).  Cheers Ron

Edited by Cook, 20 June 2017 - 10:12 AM.

#2 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts
  • Car:ɐuɐɹoʇ

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:08 PM

Hi

I bought one for mine about 8 years ago from Rare Spares. The middle aged lady that served my really knew her stuff because the correct item came in an unrelated kit. She said that they didn't sell the bush separately but put me onto Stock Item GSBK005 (see attached). They may sell the bush as a separate item these days, but at least you now know what it looks like.

Cheers

Bazza

Attached Files

#3 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:37 PM

Awesome.  Thanks for that Bazza.  Due to pay a visit to my local Rares.  They miss me if I haven't called in once a week. LOL.  Cheers Ron

#4 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:14 AM

Thanks again Bazza.  Rares have them in a few kits with various grommets etc.  I ended up buying GSBK003 as it had 3 of the same. Cheers Ron

#5 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts
  • Car:ɐuɐɹoʇ

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:00 AM

Good to know. Spares would be handy, they don't look like they would last too long.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users