Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts
  • Name:Mmmmmmm
  • Car:lx hatchback lc gtr

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:33 PM

Hi all.

As the title suggests surge tanks is the topic.
As time goes on more and more people are fitting injected engines to torana's. These days it's also getting harder to spot a fake efi fuel pump from a genuine one, take for example the most popular 044 Bosch pump.
Over the last few years dealing with fuel injection the best way to get a genuine pump is to deal with a well know performance shop or aftermarket retailer like summit racing rocket industry or speed shop. But one thing i have come across time and time again is only 1 company is making surge tanks for an even more powerful pump the walbro 450.
So my question is to all the members who would be interested in a surge tank for a walbro pump. Obviously there is only one available at this point in time that i know of from AEI but at $800 + just for a surge tank its a bit bloody expensive.
If i was able to cut the cost of a surge tank down to around half of what they want for a surge tank for the walbro pump who would be interested in 1.

#2 Dr Terry

Dr Terry

Technical + Numbers Guru + Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,267 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:45 AM

Hi Shtstr.

I sell the Raceworks range & their new surge tank suits twin Walbro pumps & is only $390 + GST, is this what you need ? It is well made with o-ring port inlet & outlet fittings & has the electrical terminals etc. for the pump(s) to be mounted internally.

See here:- http://www.raceworks...m-intank-pumps/

Dr Terry

#3 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts
  • Name:Mmmmmmm
  • Car:lx hatchback lc gtr

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:42 AM

I'm looking at doing them for abot $250 to $300 with all electrical fittings and fuel fittings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users