LJ Dual Horn wiring and repair

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _rich243_

_rich243_
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:19 AM

Does anyone have a pic of a dual horn setup showing which wires connect to which tabs on the horn?

And can the horns be dismantled and repaired? mine have gone dead and power checked ok at the horn wiring when horn pushed.

#2 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:59 AM

Try this post "Hi Low horns".  Sorry I can't copy the link. It gives a clear pic of the horns.  Can't help with repairs.  Cheers Ron

#3 _hutch_

_hutch_
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:46 PM

It doesn't matter how the horns are connected in them selves,and you can dismantle the one with the screws around it,just take ya time and patience,I put up a post about it a while ago not sure if it's this site though

#4 IMORAL

IMORAL

Bored

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Car:LX SS HATCH - IMORAL
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:22 PM

The horn wires should have power to the horn all the time on one side. Power comes from the other side the horn back up  the steering column. When the button is pressed it earths out thus making the horn work.

Is this not how your is hooked up? Every Torana I've had was wired this way?

Have you tried adjusting it or is it the no adjustable type?

#5 _rich243_

_rich243_
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:25 PM

Thanks for the replies fellas. This is a dual horn setup and both are adjustable. I pulled both apart today and found a fair bit of corrosion in there gave them a good clean will test tonight and if they still dont work will try adjusting them.

Have nfi why i put this in the engine section.

Edited by rich243, 22 June 2017 - 03:26 PM.

#6 _rich243_

_rich243_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:38 PM

Horns fixed. still didnt work after a clean. Gave them an adjustment and both work better than ever now. Thanks everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users