Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,836 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:09 PM

Hi,

This may be old news, but I'd not heard of it.

Courtesy of the HSRCA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This distribution includes people who are on the HSRCA’s  list of competitors; apologies if this information has already reached you but we think it is important enough to make sure everyone affected has a chance to have their say.

The Australian Government intends to phase out lead in racing fuels from 1 July 2017. With the use of leaded fuel (Avgas) being prohibited from 1 July 2019.

A petition has been established to ask for a re-think of these plans and requests that the House of Reps provide an extension of approval under section 13 of the Fuel Quality standards Act, 2000, subject to the conditions specified in section 17 of that Act or provide dispensation to preserve our motoring heritage and history.

If you want to sign this petition the link below is provided. It takes a few seconds to come up so just wait until the petition appears, then complete your details and push the sign button at the bottom.  It will then ask you after that to prove you are not a robot.  Then it will send an email to you, which you need to click on the link that you wish to proceed.  It is easy, but a bit slow with flashing blue circles etc – just be patient.

http://www.aph.gov.a...ition?id=EN0314

#2 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:17 AM

Signed!

#3 LJ RB30

LJ RB30

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  • Name:Trevor

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:25 AM

Me too

#4 _pepperjack_

_pepperjack_
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:26 PM

me three

#5 WhiteA9XS

WhiteA9XS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Name:Shaun
  • Car:LJ LX
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:19 PM

Me 4

#6 RallyRed

RallyRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,836 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:42 PM

guess I should ask, is RF100 the same as AVGAS?

#7 WhiteA9XS

WhiteA9XS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Name:Shaun
  • Car:LJ LX
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:28 PM

guess I should ask, is RF100 the same as AVGAS?

Yep , Racing Fuel 100 octane , branded by BP and Shell for there Avgas sold in drums

#8 RallyRed

RallyRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,836 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:39 PM

Ok. ..in that case Im off to sign it ..ta

#9 _Agent 34_

_Agent 34_
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:58 PM

done as well. 

#10 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:16 PM

Me 19.

Mind I know a guy who works at the airport fuel depot so meh. 

#11 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:07 PM

• Avgas.jpg

FAA shortlists Two Fuels for Unleaded Avgas

31 March 2016

The US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has selected two fuels for further testing in the search for unleaded avgas, the regulator announced this week.

Under pressure from environmental lobbyists to ban 100LL and other leaded avgas types, the FAA has been working with fuel companies to find an acceptable "drop-in" replacement that the existing piston GA fleet can run on.

Of the six companies who submitted samples to the FAA under the Piston Aircraft Fuels Initiative (PAFI) program, only four were chosen for Phase 1 testing, and now only formulations from Shell and Swift Fuels will go on to Phase 2 engine and aircraft testing.

Test data will help the companies obtain an ASTM International Production Specification for their fuels and allow the FAA to authorize the existing GA fleet to use the unleaded replacement fuels. The testing will begin this year and finish in 2018.

PAFI is a joint government-industry partnership partly funded by the US Congress with a budget of US$7 million for the 2016 fiscal year. 

“Government and industry are successfully working together to lower aviation emissions," said FAA Administrator Michael Huerta. "We’re on track to have unleaded aviation gasoline fully evaluated and ready to be authorized for use by the general aviation fleet in 2018.”

If the FAA is successful in approving an unleaded avgas for use in the USA, the Australian market for 100LL is likely to be too small to justify continued production, forcing a change to the new fuel over here as well.

Edited by S pack, 02 September 2017 - 10:09 PM.

#12 SA EH

SA EH

Another Holden 6 tragic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Name:Jonesy
  • Car:EH Holden, E30 BMW, LJ 4 Door

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:47 PM

Yep I'm down, so in the hope that when the time comes & I want to run avgas, it's still around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users