Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Name:Ray
  • Car:SS Hatch
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 July 2018 - 11:28 PM

Hello Again Resto Rage Readers, Hope your projects are moving forward :). Think the silver in my hair is progressing faster than my car. Going to need bifocal dash cluster fitted soon. I was going to visit the car on Saturday but the ford shit a hose on way home from work. Didn't even lift the bonnet, just got a mate to tow it home. Sunday I wake up knowing another week without my car and nothing I can do will make this ordeal fast forward. I wonder if I even own this car. I wonder if they want to keep it in there workshop like a poster. My mechanic informs myself the car has had some very short starts as they work on oil pressure and brakes. Mentioned he thinks it will be at the test drive stage this week. Then off for wheel alignment. Small shifter mod and carby tune. Give the car a shake down as well as a spanner check on driveline after use for safety reasons. I am sure this will turn up some small issues that will require attention. Once all done, look on the board for the clients number. Pick up the phone and finally tell me. Its Ready    Hope I don't go into some medical type arrest. I wonder if at that moment he mentions them two words, my sanity comes flooding back and my headache dissipates and restores my vision. Rainman

#52 Liz Clare

Liz Clare

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Car:LJ GTR XU1 and LX SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:18 AM

Hello Again Resto Rage Readers, Hope your projects are moving forward :). Think the silver in my hair is progressing faster than my car. Going to need bifocal dash cluster fitted soon. I was going to visit the car on Saturday but the ford shit a hose on way home from work. Didn't even lift the bonnet, just got a mate to tow it home. Sunday I wake up knowing another week without my car and nothing I can do will make this ordeal fast forward. I wonder if I even own this car. I wonder if they want to keep it in there workshop like a poster. My mechanic informs myself the car has had some very short starts as they work on oil pressure and brakes. Mentioned he thinks it will be at the test drive stage this week. Then off for wheel alignment. Small shifter mod and carby tune. Give the car a shake down as well as a spanner check on driveline after use for safety reasons. I am sure this will turn up some small issues that will require attention. Once all done, look on the board for the clients number. Pick up the phone and finally tell me. Its Ready    Hope I don't go into some medical type arrest. I wonder if at that moment he mentions them two words, my sanity comes flooding back and my headache dissipates and restores my vision. Rainman

G'Day Rainman,

Sounds like you are getting quite close now, which was the time that was the most frustrating for me...waiting for the last few parts that never seemed to arrive on time and public holidays that fall just when you want the Post Office to be open to collect the parts...

My hatch has gone back to the restoration shop for the last few touch-ups so that it's ready for a couple of shows coming up soon.

Even when "it's ready" it's never really finished ;)

Cheers,

Liz :)

#53 Rainman

Rainman

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:27 PM

Thanks Liz, let me know when I comes to Radelaide, will be sure to view your beautiful SS. I was thinking about my car today and my mechanic mentioning he should be able to test drive her this week. I had one more customer to see and a ute 3/4 full of there orders to drop off. Its 3pm and only 30min from mechanics. Do the right think and hope tomorrow leaves some time to view. I know I am working again on Saturday and risk another week. Shit my work should take priority over my personal life. But I havnt heard this car breath for fifteen years. I just tried to upload the video of my car but it wouldn't work. Its made me feel a bit different, not so anxious. Maybe two weeks (not sure) but tonight I will enjoy this feeling and sleep with an internal grin.     Rainman

#54 Liz Clare

Liz Clare

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Car:LJ GTR XU1 and LX SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:54 PM

Thanks Liz, let me know when I comes to Radelaide,

Actually, I am about to book my travel for this year's Adelaide Motorsport Festival, although I will be flying not driving...as I think it is just a bit too far for me to drive the SS plus I am thinking of going over to WA for a quick visit as well :)

15 years is such a long time without a running car, I can't imagine how it feels to be so damn close. Two weeks will fly by in comparison :)

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics, shame I can't help with the video upload..I assumed it was the same as photos

Cheers,

Liz :)

#55 Rainman

Rainman

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 July 2018 - 03:04 PM

Hey Liz, I have a short video of the car running. Doesn't sound that good atm as the motor was built about 10 years ago. Still some work to be done before they run in the cam. Rainman

#56 Rainman

Rainman

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 July 2018 - 03:55 PM

So fellow Resto Rages, I am guessing the car should be home in two weeks :). I had a chance to listen to the Torrie start last week. It felt unreal to say the least.

Have some very secure space to park her in, but my monitor shit itself and will buy something a little better this time. My mechanic has already started fitting anti theft devices :).

Thought I better start preparing but the misses will only allow gel ball toys on the property.

That sux, any load noises will stir up the horses and neighbours. Any suggestions ?

Attached Files

#57 Rainman

Rainman

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:45 AM

Hello my fellow Resto Ragers, Its been a while since I have updated the progress to my project. Because it a slow drawn out Frocken joke. My car must be a fill in job between jobs. This has angered me day by day. Always the same old shit. Not going to rush it at the end are the words I get told when I ask is it ready yet. We require more staff and its hard to find the right people. Lots of interstate work coming in but your car is a priority. Lucky work is so busy, it helps keep my mind off this drawn out situation I find myself living day by day. I never dreamed this would take so long, but I get reminded every day. I have tried different approaches but nothing changes. No car, No car, Still no Frocken car. Days/Weeks/Months/Years and still no Frocken Car. What do I do next ? Just wait and watch the world go by. Events come and go. Nice days and progress surrounds me but I am not a part of it. Customer satisfaction is dead. Anger is alive and well and if I thought advising this shop how I feel would make a difference then I would, but I have already tried this approach. It didn't work the first time. Was informed to take car back there once I have done x amount of Kays. Sure ??, Be frocked I will. Six month oil change. yeah right. Get Fuc#ed. Your not getting this car again, Your not getting any of my vehicles Ever again. Frock youse

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: restoration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users