SmacT

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Name:Sam
  • Car:LX 4dr 383, TKX, BW

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:08 PM

Yes I figured. Guess those will be the parts I'll have to slave away on, hoping the floor isn't too bad as well, because if I can avoid pulling out the interior I would be quite happy.

Awesome car, you will have an epic time with it. To find and fix all the rust, though, you'll be pulling out more than just the interior, I'm afraid. :-)  

#27 _User_Driver_

_User_Driver_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:24 PM

Awesome car, you will have an epic time with it. To find and fix all the rust, though, you'll be pulling out more than just the interior, I'm afraid. :-)  

Fun time ahead, hey?  :spoton:  :cry:

#28 Redzone

Redzone

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:Mini torana's - Gemini coupe 10.787@123mph, log booked Group A DOHC Gemini under resto..

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:07 PM

Yep they're notorious for nasty stuff going on in the A pillars and hinge panel etc.

#29 _BARRY JACKPOT_

_BARRY JACKPOT_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:36 PM

Yep, you better learn how to weld šŸ˜¬

#30 _User_Driver_

_User_Driver_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:37 PM

Yep they're notorious for nasty stuff going on in the A pillars and hinge panel etc.

Yep, you better learn how to weld

Better by a mig aswell then I guess!

#31 _BARRY JACKPOT_

_BARRY JACKPOT_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:06 AM

That's the spirit šŸ˜

#32 _User_Driver_

_User_Driver_
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:17 PM

A few more images of the old girl

a22fTLi.jpg

wKOGzZq.jpg

eIP4K67.jpg

MM6LFB2.jpg

Edited by User_Driver, 19 October 2017 - 01:18 PM.

#33 Biscuit

Biscuit

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LJ

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:34 PM

Iā€™m really jealous, you have a real pearl in the rough there!
The best thing is you have most of the bits - now itā€™s just time to pull it apart, clean it up, and put it back together.
While Iā€™m not an expert, Iā€™m still going to give you one piece of advice - donā€™t cut any corners, if thereā€™s something you canā€™t afford to do properly this month, wait till next month when you can.
Never set time deadlines - only quality ones.
Best of luck, and look forward to your updates.

Biscuit

PS - if thatā€™s the final mounting location of the muffler - you have a really long road ahead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#34 _User_Driver_

_User_Driver_
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:44 PM

Iā€™m really jealous, you have a real pearl in the rough there!
Never set time deadlines - only quality ones.
Best of luck, and look forward to your updates.

Biscuit

PS - if thatā€™s the final mounting location of the muffler - you have a really long road ahead

Thanks Biscuit for the advice, will definitely be sticking to that with this build, I want it done properly.

Luckily for me that is only the spare muffler and the full exhaust system is somewhat intact!

Also look forward to hearing back from you and everyone else once I get on my way with restoring it.

User_Driver

#35 _BARRY JACKPOT_

_BARRY JACKPOT_
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:30 PM

If it's any consolation, mine was waaaaay worse when I started it. The scarier thing is I've seen worse than mine come back from the dead on here.

You're certainly in the right place when it comes to advice and encouragement around here.

Just remember, you're not in uncharted waters anything you're about to do someone on here has done before.
Get after it tiger šŸÆ

#36 _User_Driver_

_User_Driver_
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:37 PM

If it's any consolation, mine was waaaaay worse when I started it. The scarier thing is I've seen worse than mine come back from the dead on here.

You're certainly in the right place when it comes to advice and encouragement around here.

Just remember, you're not in uncharted waters anything you're about to do someone on here has done before.
Get after it tiger

Thanks mate I really appreciate it. I know I will be needing help, so I'll make sure you guys hear from me when I do need it and can't wait to gain all the knowledge that you have from your builds!

#37 _LONA-CK_

_LONA-CK_
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:15 AM

Zane,,, get yourself a book and St art writing down numbers as you pull car apart, the head don't look to have the right numbers, is the block original ck prefix and is the distributor the right 284000 if so don't let that bastard out your sight.

Good luck with it mate looks like a gem, and just remember man its all about the numbers

Cheers gong

#38 _User_Driver_

_User_Driver_
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:39 AM

Zane,,, get yourself a book and St art writing down numbers as you pull car apart, the head don't look to have the right numbers, is the block original ck prefix and is the distributor the right 284000 if so don't let that bastard out your sight.

Good luck with it mate looks like a gem, and just remember man its all about the numbers

Cheers gong

Hey John, Will do! Believe the original head is lying around somewhere as well as the original block. I do believe that is the original distributor will have to check with the old man.

Thanks, will make sure i keep all the number in mind and in sight!

#39 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:25 PM

Good luck Zane have seen cars in much worse condition come back from the dead.

#40 _User_Driver_

_User_Driver_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:46 PM

Finally got another Picture!

FuIq8SN.jpg

#41 _BARRY JACKPOT_

_BARRY JACKPOT_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:09 PM

Just put some wind in that tire and drive the damn thing, looks perfect how it is.

#42 sibhs

sibhs

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Name:Martin
  • Car:LJ Coupe S

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:16 PM

Hi Zane,  what a cracker!  You are one VERY lucky lad!  That Lancer looks awesome, its got the works - milo tin and spoiler  (just kidding') 

That car deserves a lot of respect, do plenty of digging around on this forum and suck up as much info as you can.  That is not just any Torana.  

You need space to restore a car so I hope you have a big shed, also get that car out of sight and away from prying eyes.  Look forward to seeing this progress and when it's finished you will have developed a true love for that machine.  

Enjoy and learn, the restoration is a great part of owning a Torana. Quality is key, good enough is not good enough!

Cheers

Marty

#43 _User_Driver_

_User_Driver_
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:46 PM

Just put some wind in that tire and drive the damn thing, looks perfect how it is.

Will definitely be putting some wind in it when I take the pump from home next time since the compressor in the shed doesn't reach. But believe me, the holes of rust would not pass a roadworthy haha. Looks worse in person

Hi Zane,  what a cracker!  You are one VERY lucky lad!  That Lancer looks awesome, its got the works - milo tin and spoiler  (just kidding') 
Enjoy and learn, the restoration is a great part of owning a Torana. Quality is key, good enough is not good enough!

Hahaha, cheers Marty. First off thats not my Lancer, this is mine :P

ZZY6DLl.jpg
Same same but better ;)

The Torri is safe where it is and I am looking for a place where I can work on it and lock up. Today I just splashed on a tonne of rust converter to stop the rust a bit. Next time I will be pumping the tyres, moving to the shade and attempting to start it :)
Can't wait to get the Torana on the road

Edited by User_Driver, 22 November 2017 - 09:00 PM.

#44 _User_Driver_

_User_Driver_
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:39 PM

Towed the Torri out of his hole that he had been in for years today. Cleaned the distributor point and checked the 25 year old spark plugs which were still brand new! Squirted in some oil, got the sparks, squirted in some fuel and boom!

GwLg2pJ.jpg

He Cranks!!

#45 _BARRY JACKPOT_

_BARRY JACKPOT_
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:15 PM

BAM šŸ’„

#46 _User_Driver_

_User_Driver_
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:40 AM

Now I just need to find the key for the fuel tank  :RIP:  :dontknow:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Torana, LC, XU1, GTR, XU-1, Restoration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users