Damaged my tacho... help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 _76S.L.R_

_76S.L.R_
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:47 PM

Hi guys....My tacho in the LX hasn't worked for a while now ,we put another elect dizzy in the car a while back and probably when it stopped working ,I cant even recall now?...Today im going over it all again and seems ive had the wire from the brown Tacho sense wire put onto the Positive on the coil instead of the Negative ( Idiot!!!)?? .

I swapped it back around but the Tacho doesn't move at all , also at rest the needle is slightly up ,so Im guessing ive screwed the tacho internally?, its an SLR too, ughhhhh im so stupid sometimes!

#2 fuzzypumper

fuzzypumper

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Name:Archie

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:35 PM

Well the needle being up a rest doesn't really mean its damaged . These old meters go out of calibration over the years.

You will probably have to change the internal components.

But the fact that your running the electronic dizzy like a bosch HEI or other type 

means this original tacho wont actually work properly with that dizzy anyway.

It will be inaccurate and the needle will will be erratic.

You'll need to get  it modified or run an oem tacho or transplant a VR tacho into the cluster like I did.

#3 _76S.L.R_

_76S.L.R_
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:12 PM

Can SOMEONE help me ?.....I cant find the Tacho wire on my loom ?,I researched on here and guys were saying you use the brown wire on that two pin plug on the loom ( it has 2 pink wires on one pin and a brown wire on the other pin) So I did as had been said and ran a wire from the brown wire to the negative on the coil and still no tacho and it made the car backfire !?,I took the wire off again and the backfiring stopped !??..

Im positive my tacho worked fine when I had the VK Elec Dizzy / coil on it but now doesn't work with the ebay elec set up and im bugged if I can recall how we had the tacho working?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users