Bolt on Hub centric adapters lx torana

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _Torri85_

_Torri85_
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:18 PM

Advice please. Thoughts on bolt on hub centric spacers???

My calipers are hitting the back of my rim and need 10mm to space it out so it doesn't hit. I only got 10mm left on the hub which means i cant run a standard spacer or my rims will be sitting on the studs.

Has anyone used a bolt on spacer before??
What are your experience with them

#2 rexy

rexy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • Name:Rexy
  • Car:Kia grand carnival!!!

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:22 PM

Yes, I have.
They were custom made to suit the axle flange and the centre bore of the wheel such that they were a very tight fit.
I was happy to run them given the quality of the items, despite being aware they were illegal.
They were not cheap. From memory cost about $230 all up including nuts, studs and lug nuts.

Your problem might be more easily solved by running longer studs and a standard spacer.
Are you able to profile the caliper a little?
Can you get new wheels with slightly different backspace so they will clear?

#3 _Torri85_

_Torri85_
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:03 PM

Thought of that too but again hubs are only 10mm left or the rim will be on the studs.
I got original v5 Simmons and want to keep them :)
Just seeing options. I have considered shaving the calipers also but how much can i shave off. Need 10mm to clear..
Sorry i am new to this. All advice taken

#4 mick_in_oz

mick_in_oz

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Name:Mick
  • Car:LX Hatchback

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:14 PM

Whats the configuration of the front, calipers, wheels, wheel size, etc?

I made a set of spacers for a friend that are hubcentric, billet steel, to make a set of Simmons B45 clear a hoppers brake kit on his HQ Coupe, sold the wheels before he fitted them.

The spacer locates on the original hub, and has a fresh hub to locate the Simmons, they are about 10mm think, but would have to measure them.

As with all wheel spacers, unless factory fitted, they are illegal, but these have been made with good engineering in mind, so I would happily use them in a heart beat.

If interested throw up some extra info, or PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users