#26 Brian Pascoe

Brian Pascoe

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts
  • Car:1975 LH

Posted Yesterday, 01:13 PM

Thanks James,I will look into all your suggestions, and save some pennies.

Brian

#27 jd lj

jd lj

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
  • Name:James D
  • Car:LJ SVO

Posted Yesterday, 02:45 PM

Brian, keep in mind that you'll be able to sell a lot of your old parts to recoup some of the expense. But unfortunately webers are expensive especially when you have three and need six of everything.

Col, I'm happy to help.

James

#28 jd lj

jd lj

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
  • Name:James D
  • Car:LJ SVO

Posted Yesterday, 06:07 PM

Talking about drilling new progression holes, the link I posted above has a special jig for doing just that.

If anyone is using 45dcoe152's but not 152g's and has a hesitation when coming off idle then they may need to drill another progression hole closer to the manifold. But this isn't a job for someone with their makita drill as much more precision is required. An alternative is to get throttle plates with a different angle to put the top edge of the throttle plates in the correct position in relation to the progression holes at idle. This model of dcoe has the progression holes further upstream (closer to the ram tubes) than others and may in some cases cause an off idle stumble. However if you have a strong manifold vacuum level then this model of dcoe can be suitable without any modifications. If you are experiencing this problem it may be possible to reduce it by increasing the idle mixture strength and upping the idle rpm's.

Brian this is unrelated to your problem but I just figured I'd add this information to the thread.

James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users