Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Name:Darren
  • Car:UC
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:06 PM

Hi  Thought I would post the result of trying to fit the CRS hq brake kit on drumb stubs to a UC Torana. I had the stubs milled by a local machinist and fitted them with the adapter plate. I then tried to fit the UC caliper with the steel part from a Kingswood of the same year. The caliper hits the stub at the top. I also tried wb calipers but they hit the tie rod end and the upper wish bone. At that point I took the pictures below and order a different brake kit. If the adapter could be made with the caliper 5mm lower at the front it would fit with the modified UC caliper and clear lock to lock and top to bottom of the suspension travel.

Attached File  b1.JPG   169.32K   3 downloads

Attached File  b3.JPG   135.01K   2 downloads

Attached File  b9.JPG   114.88K   2 downloads

#2 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:55 PM

Looks like your average fine CRS product to me. 

#3 rexy

rexy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts
  • Name:Rexy
  • Car:Kia grand carnival!!!

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:02 PM

Are you able to swap the brackets and or stubs to mount the calipers to the rear?

#4 dron

dron

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:44 PM

The stub hits the caliper just below the mounting point of the top ball joint. The caliper is symmetrical so swapping anything makes no difference.  Mounting to the rear will leave the caliper hitting the lump in the front cross member and possibly the top wishbone as well.

I just got a UPC 280mm kit that is advertised as fitting with 14" wheels. I will try to fit it up in about 2 weeks ( have a lot on at the moment). The kit looks good and a twin piston caliper with a bigger disk and pad should be better any way.

#5 dron

dron

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:17 PM

Hi again

Fitted the upc 280mm brake kit fir 14" wheels today. It was a good fit with the exception of having to clean up the stub with a file to clear the caliper adapter and remove a little metal  from the adapter as well. It clears lock to lock and allows full suspension travel on a UC front end. I can fit the 14x7  steel rims I had laying around but the standard hq rims hit the caliper so I guess I am now looking for another set of 6X14 wheels to get it on the road (seam to be collecting wheels). Included hoses fit but I may add a spring to keep them clear of the wheels when turning. All in all it seems to be a good kit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users