Redslur

Has been Torana owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,531 posts
  • Name:Gerry
  • Car:HQ GTS Replica 350.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:09 AM

Wasn't this the one that was recently for sale?

#4 CI 0308

CI 0308

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:77 LX SS, VX SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:26 PM

Similar to my old girl

Attached Files

#5 _Hilta_

_Hilta_
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:20 PM

Wasn't this the one that was recently for sale?

This wasn't advertised for sale, been in a shed for 10 years, I got him at a weak moment!

#6 _Hilta_

_Hilta_
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:22 PM

Bloody hell Brett very similar, this has always been a Tassie car, this is SS 4.2 auto, have you still got yours?

#7 CI 0308

CI 0308

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:54 PM

Bloody hell Brett very similar, this has always been a Tassie car, this is SS 4.2 auto, have you still got yours?

No Mark, I was second owner. Bought it in 84 and sold it around 94. I still cry every night :) It is now in Sydney and looks pretty much the same. It was a 308 auto, it was the last one sold new through Motors Hobart. Stephen Alomes from Sorell bought it new and I bought it off his mum when he passed away. Was a late 77 RTS car with 60B interior, Chamois with cloth inserts. User name PeterPilot owns it now but I dont think he has been on here for years.

Edited by CI 0308, 06 December 2017 - 08:57 PM.

#8 CI 0308

CI 0308

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:02 PM

Mark here is a post I did years ago on Tassies A9X and L34 you might like to read. It had some good info on Tassies Toranas in it.

http://www.gmh-toran...e-are-they-now/

#9 _sbc57lx_

_sbc57lx_
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:22 AM

Seeing photos of SS Hatch's in that colour with the stripes makes me cry as well - They look just like mine old SS ( except for the rear spoiler )

Bought mine in 81 % sold it in 91     was a L31 M21,    . did look different  when sold , chrome around the widows and stripe removed & gold spoked hotwires

No idea what happen to it.    Dude wheres my car.

Mark ,   I do like the look of your  car

#10 _Hilta_

_Hilta_
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:29 PM

Thanks guys, I usually like the flared look but this one is staying just the way it is, have another in panel and paint at the moment that will have the flares etc!

#11 tuxedoss

tuxedoss

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts
  • Car:ss

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:19 PM

No Mark, I was second owner. Bought it in 84 and sold it around 94. I still cry every night :) It is now in Sydney and looks pretty much the same. It was a 308 auto, it was the last one sold new through Motors Hobart. Stephen Alomes from Sorell bought it new and I bought it off his mum when he passed away. Was a late 77 RTS car with 60B interior, Chamois with cloth inserts. User name PeterPilot owns it now but I dont think he has been on here for years.

Peter still has your hatch , it’s not on the road though , it’s in his garage on blocks and has plenty of dust on it . It’s still the same though he hasn’t changed anything . I’ve told him about this thread so he might pop in.

#12 CI 0308

CI 0308

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:39 PM

Peter still has your hatch , it’s not on the road though , it’s in his garage on blocks and has plenty of dust on it . It’s still the same though he hasn’t changed anything . I’ve told him about this thread so he might pop in.

Cheers Brett, yes Peter sent me a PM. It was good to hear from him. Would love to see some pics of the engine and interior some time. That car would be quite valuable these days as its pretty untouched other than the chrome rocker covers with the mobil stickers, chrome floor sills and lowered springs that I did to it. It also had a green digital clock in the dash pocket as well everything else was basically stock, All matching numbers L31 M40 mandarin red SS Hatch. I still have the ebay add from when Peter bought it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users