#1 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:51 PM

Hi all.  Have been reading some earlier posts on the debate about which way around the bushes should be and just wondering if anyone has been able to get a definitive answer.  Also, in the event that there isn't one, has anyone had some bad experiences either way? Cheers Ron

#2 308 Sunbird

308 Sunbird

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • Name:Stuart
  • Car:SS Hatch, 308 Sunbird sedan-Improved Prod racer (sold), HZ Kingy wagon

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:15 PM

If you put them in the way that the little
Knobs fit into the depressions in the frame l believe is correct.

#3 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:53 PM

Hi Stuart.  I assume you are talking about the2 piece units which are not rubber.  I'm looking at the rubber one piece ones.  The long running discussion has been about which side the larger diameter end should face, either to the chassis or to the centre of the car.  To add to the confusion there are varying diagrams among the Torana ranges that show them differently.  I'm just wondering if anyone has been able to obtain a definitive answer as to which way is correct (and more importantly works best) and\or has anyone got some good bad reports either way.  Cheers Ron

#4 hanra

hanra

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,814 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:10 PM

I used the UC installation direction as it's the Ultimate Car.

#5 308 Sunbird

308 Sunbird

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • Name:Stuart
  • Car:SS Hatch, 308 Sunbird sedan-Improved Prod racer (sold), HZ Kingy wagon

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:03 AM

Hi Ron I am talking about the standard rubber ones and I believe the smaller more flexible

end goes to the chassis rails. The inside of the larger diameter end has the locating knobs I

was referring to. I have both variations of drawings here but drawings cant always be believed

unfortunately such as the LH tie rod ends being attached from underneath :)

The bushes will work both ways but the 10 or so original K-frames I've seen have them this way.

Happy for someone to provide proof to the opposite. Good luck with Hatch rebuild mate. 

Edited by 308 Sunbird, 04 January 2018 - 08:05 AM.

#6 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:50 AM

Thanks gents.

Brad, I had a read of your thread on this the other day, which is what prompted me to see if there were any current views.  It prompted me to measure the K frame distance without bushes and its 71cm and almost the same distance between the chassis rails.

Stuart, sorry I misunderstood what you were trying to tell me. If the majority of what you have seen suggests large diameter inwards, then that is the sort of stuff that gives me confidence to proceed down that path. 

Now I have to get to Rares to buy a set.  Cheers Ron

#7 rexy

rexy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,579 posts
  • Name:Rexy
  • Car:Kia grand carnival!!!

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:29 AM

I don’t think it makes much difference. I fitted mine the “wrong” way as it seemed to make the most sense to me.
I used the rares ones which came as part of the crossmember to chassis kit. They were very good.

#8 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:23 AM

Thanks Rexy.  I remember reading your thread on this but at the time started to get confused as to which was the "wrong" way. LOL.  I think my mind is made up to go the same and fit with larger diameter to the centre of the car.  BTW looks like you are having fun at Summernats and glad to hear the new ride was enjoyable.  Cheers Ron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users