Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts
  • Name:Ray
  • Car:SS Hatch

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:19 PM

Yes that is a nice Cert Brad, I take it you want me to print it seems I don't have one ? Your a top bloke mate and I will be sure to send you a set of spare plates for ornamental reasons lol. We both know that mine is the original lol.

#27 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:22 PM

By then way, what does the paper feel like on that cert ? lol

^  the

#28 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:42 PM

Hey Girls and Guys,

Anyone have a phone number to HHS ?

Rainman

#29 hanra

hanra

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,831 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:45 PM

Maybe just flick them an email.

http://www.holdenhis...t-us/contact-us

#30 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:11 PM

FWIW here is a copy of the certificate you get form GMH.  I got this the other day but they had the VIN No. wrong.  Cheers Ron

Attached Files

#31 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:16 PM

No big issue but was wondering what is the relevance of the date on the compliance tag.  Example being my hatch is dated 11/76 however the certificate i got from GMH shows the production date as the 7th December.  I presume the later is the day it rolled off the line, so why is the tag date of any relevance?  Cheers Ron

#32 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts
  • Car:ɐuɐɹoʇ

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:32 PM

No big issue but was wondering what is the relevance of the date on the compliance tag.  Example being my hatch is dated 11/76 however the certificate i got from GMH shows the production date as the 7th December.  I presume the later is the day it rolled off the line, so why is the tag date of any relevance?  Cheers Ron

Hi

Very common occurrence. Sometimes as much as 10 days into the following month. It may be something to do with not meeting quality control standards when it was initially completed. The tag date simply states that the car met all the Australian Design Rules that were relevant to the completion month.

Cheers

Bazza

#33 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:45 PM

Hey Ron, That's a nice Cert :), But you should of used a darker black. Anyway did you want an extra set of plates :) ?????? lol.    Rainman

#34 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:50 PM

Serious mate, cant you get them removed ?   Zoom in Ron :(. Maybe Brad might want his taken Off ?? I know its a 50% yes 49 % no and Geno. But you can see you did not want to have that info shown. Rainman

#35 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:54 PM

To be honest I realised that but it was more to protect the identity of that VIN, as it is the one GMH sent first which isn't for my car. You can see it's for a 4 door. Cheers Ron

Thanks Bazza

#36 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:01 PM

8C77 is an SL Hatch not a 4 door.

#37 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:11 PM

You're right Dave, I didn't even notice that. All I read was the top paragraph that said Torana SL 4 door sedan and realised they had the wrong VIN.  Seems they haven't got that right either.  Cheers Ron

#38 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:40 PM

There would be so much information on this internet (not just this forum) that the crooks have/can/maybe will use in time. I am sure with all this info available (old for sale ads) the chances would be slim to none. First they have to have the car that matches the numbers/Tags and a shit load of knowledge of Toranas. If they know a shit load about Toranas then they would also know if advertised the Rivet Counters here would pick it from a mile.  Rainman

#39 hanra

hanra

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,831 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:42 PM

Serious mate, cant you get them removed ? Zoom in Ron :(. Maybe Brad might want his taken Off ?? I know its a 50% yes 49 % no and Geno. But you can see you did not want to have that info shown. Rainman

Nah I’m all good. Happy to have my details out there in as many places as possible. So that if/when the day comes along and someone does something sus with the numbers. At least everyone knows who actually belongs to them.

#40 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:02 PM

Seriously I did not intend for the details to be legible and I apologise Brad if this relates to your car, which would surprise me if it did and I am happy to PM you the actual certificate if you want to view it.  As Dave pointed out the VIN stipulates a hatch (77) but the verbage refers to a sedan. 

Maybe the Admins can delete the attachment/post so that there is no reference. Cheers Ron

#41 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:17 AM

Hey Ron, I wasn't referring that the cert was Brads. Brad had posted his cert earlier in the post. I just think sometimes we would like to remove info and hoped I didn't scare anyone with my plates joke. Rainman

#42 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:51 AM

Seriously I did not intend for the details to be legible and I apologise Brad if this relates to your car, which would surprise me if it did and I am happy to PM you the actual certificate if you want to view it.  As Dave pointed out the VIN stipulates a hatch (77) but the verbage refers to a sedan. 

Maybe the Admins can delete the attachment/post so that there is no reference. Cheers Ron

I wouldn't sweat over it Ron. No one is going to know who owns that particular SL Hatch if the owner doesn't make it public knowledge. That's if the car even still exists.

#43 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:59 AM

On a different note, here's a glimpse of what I have been working on, last weekend.  Finally starting to put something back on the car.  Cheers Ron

Attached Files

#44 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:15 AM

That's some mighty fine work there Ron :). Should be proud. Because my mechanic has taken so long with my car, I will tell people that I did all the work but have now decided to retire lol.

Great job mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users