Venetian LC LJ Rebuild repaint paint rebuild restore

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _Housecat1977_

_Housecat1977_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2018 - 10:35 AM

Hi,

I have a LC/LJ Rear Venetian I want to refinish, what have you all done in the past?

Would media blasting be too harsh for the thin louvres? 

What would be the best paint or finish on it?

Cheers

Paul

#2 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Car:lj xu1

Posted 01 June 2018 - 08:29 PM

Hi Paul, Hydro blasting would be as coarse as I'd possibly use or fine ceramic media very low psi obviously. I have a feeling they were aluminum ? If so use sikkens 1k wash primer, available in a spray can too, for top coat definitely a low gloss, you can buy 2 pack spray cans from the likes of Eastwood, in those sort of colours white, black ect. Obviously it only has a time frame until the contents all harden though. If you're choosing to colour code it to Sandlewood ect, yes you can use either an acrylic or a 2 pack with flattening base added. When you blast them tape them all together to keep from being bent ect & obviously rotate them till you have them all done on both sides. Gary.

#3 _Housecat1977_

_Housecat1977_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:52 PM

Thanks for that Gary.

Does anyone have a recommendation of someone that could blast these on the north side of Adelaide?

#4 dron

dron

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Name:Darren
  • Car:UC
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:15 PM

You could try MINUS PAINT South Tc Wingfield.  He would dip in a bath to remove the paint not blast it. Don't know if he will do a Venetian but you can only ask.

#5 _Housecat1977_

_Housecat1977_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:15 PM

Thanks Darren, will give them a call tomorrow.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Venetian, LC, LJ, Rebuild, repaint, paint, rebuild, restore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users