LJ torana thermo fan INSIDE chassis rails.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _barbermi_

_barbermi_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:26 AM

Hi all, 

I know this topic has been done to death ( I used the search function )

I have an LJ with a turbo 186 that I need to keep cool. I currently have 2 x 10" fans mounted on the inside of a 3 core alloy radiator ( the pic shows the old radiator ). The reason they are on the inside is due to the inter cooler sitting out the front.

I am going to remove the water pump, install an electric water pump and upgrade the thermo fans.

I am looking for ideas on what dual shrouded fans people are using on the stock radiator size. 

Alternatively what single shrouded fans are people using? I previously had a V6 in the torana and used a VN single fan which worked well but if possible id like dual fans that will sit low and neat.

I am not interested in davies craig etc. as I really want one with a molded shroud to get full flow through the radiator and inter-cooler.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Barbs

Attached Files

#2 _barbermi_

_barbermi_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:37 AM

This is the radiator I have fitted.

https://www.ebay.com...UUAAOSw1WJZLWIh

Specification:
  • Core size 535 mm×365 mm×56 mm;  3 rows
  • Overall size 550 mm×480 mm×68 mm
  • Inlet/Outlet 32/38 mm

The fan dimensions need to be around the overall size 550mm x 480mm

#3 DMLC71

DMLC71

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Name:Daz M
  • Car:1971 LC 4 door

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:20 PM

My suggestion would be. A good quality alloy radiator. A high quality coolant. Look at getting some decent airflow to the turbo filter area. Get as much distance you can between your radiator and inter cooler. Ford AU twin thermo fan modified to suit will work real well, pick up a good set about 50 bucks

Cheers

#4 D-Train

D-Train

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Name:Dion
  • Car:LC SL

Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:14 AM

G'day mate.
Beautiful engine bay mate. Too bad about the turbo. I'm finishing off my setup right now except with a supercharger, king of chargers. I'm curious if your bonnet hit the efi manifold. My boo net is currently off but it looks like the front corner sticks out higher.
Cheers
D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users