Car Thieves

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 _Mark05_

_Mark05_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2018 - 05:40 PM

Hi all, just letting every one know there was an attempt to steal my LJ on Tuesday night, they tried to gain entry through the back roller door which is well locked  then tried the house and even got into the wives car looking for the garage remote. So if you live around the Kellyville area just be careful.

#2 RallyRed

RallyRed

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,836 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 23 June 2018 - 08:14 PM

grubs

#3 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,831 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 24 June 2018 - 10:37 AM

4 cars stolen each and every night here in Cairns. Multiple other cars attempted. And keep in mind pretty much every car theft was accompanied by a house break in to steal car keys. The police have told residents here that it’s not a matter of if, but when, your house will be broken into and car stolen.

#4 Indy Orange

Indy Orange

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,846 posts
  • Name:Paul

Posted 24 June 2018 - 11:39 AM

What's the answer?

More police on the ground.

#5 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,118 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 24 June 2018 - 11:58 AM

What's the answer?More police on the ground.

Dont make it easy for them to steal simple really ,people are lazy and dony gaf about anything today

#6 Indy Orange

Indy Orange

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,846 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 12:06 PM

You shouldn't have to lock all your stuff up and you should be able to leave your keys in your car and come back to it .Most people are taught from an early age that if it doesn't belong to them then don't touch it!Society needs to get tough with these pricks ,and being an addict is NO excuse.

#7 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,118 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 12:11 PM

You shouldn't have to lock all your stuff up and you should be able to leave your keys in your car and come back to it .Most people are taught from an early age that if it doesn't belong to them then don't touch it!Society needs to get tough with these pricks ,and being an addict is NO excuse.

That was 1960s Paul not 2018 to many scumbags of society around these days and soft laws hence why crime is up

#8 Indy Orange

Indy Orange

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,846 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 12:17 PM

So we just roll over and accept it all?

Tougher laws for sure.

#9 muzzta

muzzta

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 04:00 PM

Sux big time to have to worry about hard earned posessions getting taken by scumbags.

I've had a car stolen and it affects you in many ways!!

Thing is,a lot of these kids have nothing to lose, and once in the system, that can for many, become

their way of life. Older dudes, if they are repeat offenders - cell time progressing, so they don't get out til they get it is not on

to take something that is not their's.

The most scary part is if you do catch them in the act, it could be us that end's up on a charge, or worse, if too many lowlifes

and you take them on, which we all probably would, well, not good for us......

Cars are expensive, make the time fit the crime.

Muz

#10 RallyRed

RallyRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,836 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 06:19 PM

4 cars stolen each and every night here in Cairns. Multiple other cars attempted. And keep in mind pretty much every car theft was accompanied by a house break in to steal car keys. The police have told residents here that it’s not a matter of if, but when, your house will be broken into and car stolen.

Sounds like you need a new top cop in town, who just announces a Zero Tolerance Policy for this crap....if that doesnt happen, it becomes the norm. 

Think of all the crap that used to happen in NYC, I think it was Rudie Guilianie??? came in as mayor, and just said that's it, no more...and resourced the cops to make it happen....took a few years...but purged most of the dead heads ( sure there's a few left, but it broke the back of the problem ).

#11 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,831 posts
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 24 June 2018 - 07:07 PM

The police on the beat are doing a great job catching these kids. After all, kids are stupid. So they are not too hard to track down. It’s the youth justice system and the courts which are letting the community down.

I’ve seen homeowners now going to the expense of fitting crimsafe screens etc, so now they just smash the glass windows to gain access, quickly take the car keys and they are gone.

We are now being instructed by the police to buy a small safe and put phones/keys/wallet in them when at home.

#12 RallyRed

RallyRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,836 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 10:29 PM

so they can hold a knife to your throat while they telk you to open it?.
Dont envy you mate. Sounds like the wild west.

#13 Indy Orange

Indy Orange

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,846 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 10:38 PM

The police on the beat are doing a great job catching these kids. After all, kids are stupid. So they are not too hard to track down. It’s the youth justice system and the courts which are letting the community down.
I’ve seen homeowners now going to the expense of fitting crimsafe screens etc, so now they just smash the glass windows to gain access, quickly take the car keys and they are gone.
We are now being instructed by the police to buy a small safe and put phones/keys/wallet in them when at home.

I agree the cops are doing the best they can with resources they have ,these kids are not all stupid ,they case out the place first and know where the cameras are and wear hoodies ,often can't be identified.And they are not all kids .

#14 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,831 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:07 AM

so they can hold a knife to your throat while they telk you to open it?.
Dont envy you mate. Sounds like the wild west.

Yep thats a valid point, and one that residents have also raised. They would rather the car be taken instead of a life. 

Generally the main offenders are aged between 8-14 years of age, aboriginal kids. (Dont you Melbourne hipsters try and call me a racist). They dont like driving manuals, so Auto's are the pick.

They will walk the streets first whistling to each other to set off the neighbourhood dogs, so they know which houses are easier targets, then they will spray paint a tag on the footpath to highlight that fact. 

They break in, steal a car, drive to another neighbourhood, dump the car, break into another house, steal another car. 

They know that there are zero consequences, so there is simply no deterrent what so ever, and that is no lie. The cycle needs to be broken. And it needs to be broken early in life at family/household level.

#15 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,118 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:31 AM

Yep thats a valid point, and one that residents have also raised. They would rather the car be taken instead of a life. 

Generally the main offenders are aged between 8-14 years of age, aboriginal kids. (Dont you Melbourne hipsters try and call me a racist). They dont like driving manuals, so Auto's are the pick.

They will walk the streets first whistling to each other to set off the neighbourhood dogs, so they know which houses are easier targets, then they will spray paint a tag on the footpath to highlight that fact. 

They break in, steal a car, drive to another neighbourhood, dump the car, break into another house, steal another car. 

They know that there are zero consequences, so there is simply no deterrent what so ever, and that is no lie. The cycle needs to be broken. And it needs to be broken early in life at family/household level.

To late now once a crim always a crim thats there life

#16 Balfizar

Balfizar

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 01:23 PM

That's too close for comfort, thanks :huh: .  Sometime it makes me wonder if owning cars that can be targeted for theft is worth the stress.

Don't like leaving them behind if you go out.  Don't like leaving them anywhere you can't see them. Disappointed that they can't be part of a big night out.

Always worried about someone coming to the house and seeing the cars. (always keep the garage closed and locked.)

I am thinking in a few years to give them to the kids, but the buggers will say thanks and them bring them back for storage at my place.

I guess this is how people start to loose the enthusiasm for cars. Sooner or later the cost, lack of use, worry and being a target for home invasion take its toll.

#17 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,831 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:16 PM

This is the sort of thing you see daily on FB along with multiple cars stolen nightly. Every morning I see posts about 3-4 cars being stolen along with properties being broken into.

Attached Files

#18 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,118 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:04 PM

Get up your local MP tell you need more police patrols or security patrols in the bad suburbs
this shit cant go on time to get frickin tuff with these wasted oxygen thieves

#19 _LXT333_

_LXT333_
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:21 PM

Police patrols won’t do a thing.
Can’t have a cop in every street corner.

Need tougher penalties.
Most crims just re offend petty crimes just so they can go back in and get fed, shelter, Foxtel, and their mates.
Need less creature comforts inside.

Most crim kids come from a crim/grub family.

Don’t wanna get political but look at Muslim penalties.
Get caught stealing get your hands cut off.

#20 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,831 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 06:11 AM

Here is the latest.

Attached Files

#21 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:20 AM

Have a similar problem down my way.

Generally not stealing the cars, but going through for change and stuff.

Its amazing what some people leave in their cars in plain view.

Some people are removing everything from their cars and leaving them unlocked.

The cars dont get damaged while they look for stuff.

However they may damage the car out of frustration from finding nothing.

#22 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,536 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 26 June 2018 - 02:28 PM

#23 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,118 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 06:48 PM

Good thinking Dave reduce the crime rate and creates more jobs at the same time ,well someone has to clean up whats left ✌️win win

#24 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,536 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:07 PM

Good thinking Dave reduce the crime rate and creates more jobs at the same time ,well someone has to clean up whats left ✌️win win

Solves the repeat offender problem too. :)

#25 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,831 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 09:00 AM

It’s not getting any better....

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users