LC GTR XU1 Grille Badge - what is the correct version?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 _Short_

_Short_
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2018 - 09:30 PM

Hi Fellas, I’m looking to find out what is the correct front grille badge for an
LC XU1.
Is it the badge with the blue and silver outline or is it the blue / silver / red version?
I’ve received feedback outside the forum that still has unsure on what version is correct.
So Im looking for confirmation on what version is for the LC XU1.
Cheers

d0dfeee386a4c43bd25a2dfa34fb4a5a.jpgba91b8485239de4424763793cb69e0e4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Car:lj xu1

Posted 24 August 2018 - 09:37 PM

Pretty sure it's just blue & silver mate.

The blue, silver & red was hk ish I'm pretty sure.

#3 RallyRed

RallyRed

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 24 August 2018 - 09:39 PM

I was thinking, but not sure, that the red was always there...but faded away over time.?

#4 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,522 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:04 PM

I was thinking, but not sure, that the red was always there...but faded away over time.?

Spot on Col. The LC grille emblem is Blue, Red & Bright Silver.

Edited by S pack, 24 August 2018 - 10:05 PM.

#5 u1 71

u1 71

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Name:peter
  • Car:torana

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:18 PM

it's the blue silver red one

#6 _Short_

_Short_
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:25 PM

Thanks fellas, I’ve seen both versions on the LC. I wasn’t certain about the red in the badge, but, you guys are on the money, as it will fade out overtime. The un restored LC’s all have the Blue / Silver. Yet those that have been restored have the Tri colour version..

#7 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:25 PM

Thanks fellas, I’ve seen both versions on the LC. I wasn’t certain about the red in the badge, but, you guys are on the money, as it will fade out overtime. The un restored LC’s all have the Blue / Silver. Yet those that have been restored have the Tri colour version..

It's simply a transparent red tinter that why, give the section a light sand with some (good quality) 800 grit wet and dry, a good clean with wax and grease remover, mask off well & apply some new transparent red acrylic paint and them some clear, unmask when dry & put it back together. A good automotive paint shop should put some in a spray can for you. But DON'T put it on heavy, just build it up lightly.

Spot on Col. The LC grille emblem is Blue, Red & Bright Silver.

Thanks Dave, i couldn't remember how they looked. Sold my lc stuff a long time ago.

#8 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,522 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:42 PM

It's simply a transparent red tinter that why, give the section a light sand with some (good quality) 800 grit wet and dry, a good clean with wax and grease remover, mask off well & apply some new transparent red acrylic paint and them some clear, unmask when dry & put it back together. A good automotive paint shop should put some in a spray can for you. But DON'T put it on heavy, just build it up lightly.

I reckon it's not that simple Gary. The red blue and black are applied then the bright silver is applied last. To re-colour the red it would be necessary to remove the silver from that area, apply the red then reapply the bright silver backing.

Id just bite the bullet and buy the repro if the 'as left the factory' look is desired.

Edited by S pack, 25 August 2018 - 05:46 PM.

#9 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 07:42 PM

I reckon it's not that simple Gary. The red blue and black are applied then the bright silver is applied last. To re-colour the red it would be necessary to remove the silver from that area, apply the red then reapply the bright silver backing.

Id just bite the bullet and buy the repro if the 'as left the factory' look is desired.

Without a badge in front of me, i couldn't really come up with more Dave, sorry mate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users