Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Name:Ray
  • Car:SS Hatch
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:35 AM

Hey Dave, looks great. I did mine about 8 months ago :). Were you having trouble seeing the gauges like me lol. I wasn't sure if it was the old globes or the old eye :). I remember it took me a while and I had the wires in the clock around the wrong way. I purchased my First multi metre as it was around the same time I had the seized screen wipers. The multi metre was faulty, yeah they were the good old days. I needed a multi metre to check the multi metre. Did you want me to take a pic ?. I also purchased a skulls head with blue flashing eyes for the gearstick  :) and some cheap speakers with blue flashers in them to fill the holes in the door.

#27 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,810 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:08 AM

Hey fellas, yeah I think it's a big improvement.

Ray, yes I'm finding it harder to see stuff these days if the light isn't good. Must admit having a blown bulb on the right side of the speedo doesn't help the situation much either.

Full on is a little bit too bright really. Probably the 4 SMD LED T10 wedge for $3.50 would be a better choice but Jaycar don't have any alternative BA9S LEDs to the 120 Lumen items so I thought it best to match the lighting of the main instruments with the four 2" gauges.

#28 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts
  • Name:MAZ
  • Car:72 LJ SL SEDAN. 69 LC S 2 DR SEDAN

Posted 16 October 2018 - 12:40 AM

Im liking that festoon interior light..i cant see shit with mine.the cover dont help but.

Thanks Dave.

#29 Rainman

Rainman

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Name:Ray
  • Car:SS Hatch
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:43 PM

Hey Dave,

I forgot to mention. When I did mine it was on the WB. The handbrake light doesn't look that affective. Having the blue light behind the red cover didn't do it for me. There is a small gap that runs along the bottom of the red facia part. So I can see the blue through this gap but didn't think it was affective anyway(each to there own). Would have installed a red, in that one given a second chance. Being a brighter light I think it would look better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users