Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Name:Ray
  • Car:SS Hatch
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:35 AM

Hey Dave, looks great. I did mine about 8 months ago :). Were you having trouble seeing the gauges like me lol. I wasn't sure if it was the old globes or the old eye :). I remember it took me a while and I had the wires in the clock around the wrong way. I purchased my First multi metre as it was around the same time I had the seized screen wipers. The multi metre was faulty, yeah they were the good old days. I needed a multi metre to check the multi metre. Did you want me to take a pic ?. I also purchased a skulls head with blue flashing eyes for the gearstick  :) and some cheap speakers with blue flashers in them to fill the holes in the door.

#27 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,954 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:08 AM

Hey fellas, yeah I think it's a big improvement.

Ray, yes I'm finding it harder to see stuff these days if the light isn't good. Must admit having a blown bulb on the right side of the speedo doesn't help the situation much either.

Full on is a little bit too bright really. Probably the 4 SMD LED T10 wedge for $3.50 would be a better choice but Jaycar don't have any alternative BA9S LEDs to the 120 Lumen items so I thought it best to match the lighting of the main instruments with the four 2" gauges.

#28 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts
  • Name:MAZ
  • Car:72 LJ SL SEDAN. 69 LC S 2 DR SEDAN

Posted 16 October 2018 - 12:40 AM

Im liking that festoon interior light..i cant see shit with mine.the cover dont help but.

Thanks Dave.

#29 Rainman

Rainman

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Name:Ray
  • Car:SS Hatch
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:43 PM

Hey Dave,

I forgot to mention. When I did mine it was on the WB. The handbrake light doesn't look that affective. Having the blue light behind the red cover didn't do it for me. There is a small gap that runs along the bottom of the red facia part. So I can see the blue through this gap but didn't think it was affective anyway(each to there own). Would have installed a red, in that one given a second chance. Being a brighter light I think it would look better.

#30 jd lj

jd lj

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Name:James D
  • Car:LJ SVO

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:13 AM

I have found that the led globe in the handbrake light is too bright and will change that one back to the original globe. It might be ok in an earlier LJ or LC with the handbrake light at the bottom of the instrument panel but on a 73 model it's a bit bright in your face.

The LED globes are much better in the rest of the dash though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users