#26 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:14 PM

Well guys had rims and tyres re balanced for a 4th time still no difference had a mate come over with his Sri astra I swapped wheels and BINGO problem solvered.....so the new wheels that were put on have made the steering shake from day one the 2 front tyres had worn badly while back ones were fine....so there is definitely a problem with the wheels now to try and get something done about it as the tyre shop have known about the problem from day 1....

#27 RallyRed

RallyRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,836 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:45 AM

thanks for the feedback......looks  like a win

#28 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts
  • Name:Ray
  • Car:SS Hatch

Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:33 AM

Think I mentioned that from the start Daz, Have to look back through this thread.

#29 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:36 AM

yeah, its the first reply :).

#30 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:46 AM

Shut up Ray you Tossa. Good to hear its fixed. Good luck with the tyre joint. If they don't replace then put there name up for all us to see.

#31 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 10 November 2018 - 07:07 AM

Chinese manufactured alloy wheels?

Edited by S pack, 10 November 2018 - 07:07 AM.

#32 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 November 2018 - 09:55 PM

Chinese manufactured alloy wheels?

Not sure where they are made mate here is a pic of them vertini concave

cf477975fcc1247b0818b3119cd10d48.jpg
bed208afe6beef5e921f57bfea634860.jpg

#33 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 November 2018 - 09:58 PM

Think I mentioned that from the start Daz, Have to look back through this thread.

Yes mate but you wouldn’t think brand new wheels would be out of round would you but something is up with them will keep ya posted on what they decide

#34 LJ RB30

LJ RB30

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  • Name:Trevor

Posted 10 November 2018 - 10:06 PM

Did you watch them when they were balanced?

Did they look wobbly?

You would like to think that new rims would be good but obviously not in this case.

#35 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,997 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 10 November 2018 - 10:29 PM

Does it have/need these? https://www.ebay.com...AkXr:rk:29:pf:0

#36 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:54 AM

I bought a set of US wheels from Australia a few years ago, (billet aluminium) and the tyre shop spun them up before putting the tyres on (must have had a premonition) and wouldn't fit the tyres as the run-out was too great. After speaking with the supplier and telling them that they didn't conform to Aus. standards I was told they don't have to because they were made in the US. After some interesting discussions I had them replaced.  Any new wheels I would buy in the future I would ask what their in-house run-out tolerances are before considering them. Regards Ron

#37 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:34 AM

In my profession, anyone importing items from overseas takes responsibility for these items. Testing is required to make sure they conform to the Australian Standards. The importer is responsible for any item imported to ensure the product meets these standards. Trust me I have been testing/breaking products from when I was a kid. All documentation and calibration for traceability to be stored for ten years. Batch numbers are recorded. Products are not required to be made to Australian Standards. The company importing products MUST ensure they conform to our standards. They are Fully Responsible for the products they import. Anyone having trouble with this type of issue should seek legal advice. Any company advising its not there responsibility for defective NON conforming products they imported will soon learn the Australian Standards for Import. Safety factures differ all around the world. Some greater and some not. I would think there would be a batch number somewhere on the rims. Ask the manufacture for there test certs. If this product doesn't meet Australian Standards and the Company that imported then has no testing. Holy Sh*t there in mass trouble.

#38 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:59 AM

In my profession, anyone importing items from overseas takes responsibility for these items. Testing is required to make sure they conform to the Australian Standards. The importer is responsible for any item imported to ensure the product meets these standards. Trust me I have been testing/breaking products from when I was a kid. All documentation and calibration for traceability to be stored for ten years. Batch numbers are recorded. Products are not required to be made to Australian Standards. The company importing products MUST ensure they conform to our standards. They are Fully Responsible for the products they import. Anyone having trouble with this type of issue should seek legal advice. Any company advising its not there responsibility for defective NON conforming products they imported will soon learn the Australian Standards for Import. Safety factures differ all around the world. Some greater and some not. I would think there would be a batch number somewhere on the rims. Ask the manufacture for there test certs. If this product doesn't meet Australian Standards and the Company that imported then has no testing. Holy Sh*t there in mass trouble.

Ray, unfortunately AS1638 for alloy wheels is a non binding standard. Manufacturers can make, import and sell rubbish wheels in this country with impunity.

#39 RallyRed

RallyRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,836 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:19 AM

Would be interesting ( assuming you have not already done it) to spin them up on the balancer machine without tyres..see if it it is side to side, or more of an egg shape issue?). Wont fix anything, just interest.

Agree with Ray that these things should meet some standard...even if its just the generic "fit for purpose" standard...but I think those days are gone, I cant see how anyone could manage the volume of stuff imported into this country. Sure for high end stuff like cars and maybe?? even electrical items. But for toothbrushes, toys, wheels, and even fire resistant high rise building clading!!...it must be totally un-managable?
Recent events suggest so
Keep us informed Bullitt..and nice work solving the puzzle.

#40 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:46 PM

Does it have/need these? https://www.ebay.com...AkXr:rk:29:pf:0

Yes mate it does have them fitted

Ray, unfortunately AS1638 for alloy wheels is a non binding standard. Manufacturers can make, import and sell rubbish wheels in this country with impunity.

Yes mate unfortunately your spot on

Would be interesting ( assuming you have not already done it) to spin them up on the balancer machine without tyres..see if it it is side to side, or more of an egg shape issue?). Wont fix anything, just interest.
Agree with Ray that these things should meet some standard...even if its just the generic "fit for purpose" standard...but I think those days are gone, I cant see how anyone could manage the volume of stuff imported into this country. Sure for high end stuff like cars and maybe?? even electrical items. But for toothbrushes, toys, wheels, and even fire resistant high rise building clading!!...it must be totally un-managable?
Recent events suggest so
Keep us informed Bullitt..and nice work solving the puzzle.

I have watched them on the balancing machine and I swear I could see the movement up and down in the inner edge of them one of them was 75 grams out of balance will be interesting to see what they do about the problem

Thanks for all your input guys much appreciated

#41 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:50 PM

Did you watch them when they were balanced?

Did they look wobbly?

You would like to think that new rims would be good but obviously not in this case.

Yes for sure mate you would think that new wheels would be round lol but something is up with them that’s for sure as one certainly looked wobbly mate 😳

Edited by bullitA9X, 11 November 2018 - 09:51 PM.

#42 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:50 AM

Well guys it’s finally fixed!!! Yaaaaaaaaay Went back to tyre shop on Saturday the guy tells me we are balancing them again grrrrrrrrr I was starting to lose my shit....he comes back in and says I think I have found the problem the wheel locating ring that locates the wheel to the centre of the hub don’t fit properly so I have changed them and praise the lord it’s fixed!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users