MFM

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • Name:Mark
  • Car:xu1

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:44 PM

Sh..t I'm becoming a serial pest lately with all my non challenging questions on this forum but I guess that's why I joined this site so I can ensure I keep my XU1 as original as possible. I removed the front bar from my LJ XU1 and that thin panel which is similar in shape to the bar, that bolts to the front in line with the bottom of the grill/headlights and sort of hides behind the front bumper? have no idea what they call that?, but my question is what paint colour is the underneath of that panel. The top is the same as the car colour. Is it black underneath to match the rest of the front lower panel. Mine currently looks like a mixture of assorted overspray with no definite colour. I apologise for another boring post. There will be many more unfortunately.

#2 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:22 PM

Sh..t I'm becoming a serial pest lately with all my non challenging questions on this forum but I guess that's why I joined this site so I can ensure I keep my XU1 as original as possible. I removed the front bar from my LJ XU1 and that thin panel which is similar in shape to the bar, that bolts to the front in line with the bottom of the grill/headlights and sort of hides behind the front bumper? have no idea what they call that?, but my question is what paint colour is the underneath of that panel. The top is the same as the car colour. Is it black underneath to match the rest of the front lower panel. Mine currently looks like a mixture of assorted overspray with no definite colour. I apologise for another boring post. There will be many more unfortunately.

It's called a Bumper Bar Stone Shield. Mine was factory original when I bought my LJ and from memory it was body colour on top with red oxide and body colour overspray underneath.

#3 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Car:lj xu1

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:53 PM

Good question Mark i wanted to know the same for when the car eventually gets painted, mine was painted pretty crapy when i bought the car. There's not many questions i still have on factory paint work now. Keep up the originality mate ! Gary.

#4 MFM

MFM

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:19 AM

Ok sounds like the underneath is a mixture of red oxide and overspray but not black which is the response I thought I would get.

#5 crabba67

crabba67

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • Name:anthony

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:51 PM

Mark photo's are off a 7th month 72 Adelaide 2 door never repainted had it for over 30 years,gone rusty forgot i had it, as you can see painted both sides.

Cheers 

Attached Files

#6 MFM

MFM

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:01 PM

Oh ok. Thanks Anthony. Glad I asked because I was going to just paint it black.

#7 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Car:lj xu1

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:34 PM

We need more info on these, some things are different Adelaide to Brisbane. No discredit to anyone giving information. I'd be intersted to get my brisbane 1 factory correct. Gary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users