LC XU1 Mirrors (External)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _Romper_

_Romper_
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2018 - 09:38 PM

Hi Guy's is there anywhere that reproduces the the Bullet Mirror's as seen on some XU1's and are they hard to come by ??

I have been told Ford Capri GT MK1 also came with them but are unsure. 

Attached File  Drivers+Mirror.JPG   60.24K   4 downloads

#2 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,997 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 29 November 2018 - 11:01 PM

From here: https://www.rarespar...q=mirror&page=0

Attached Files

#3 _Romper_

_Romper_
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2018 - 11:15 AM

Yeah I seen them thanks rodomo, as you will notice they are a little different, the original look a little more streamlined like in the picture i posted, i'm after as close to original as possible.

#4 Dr Terry

Dr Terry

Technical + Numbers Guru + Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:22 PM

When you say "as close to original as possible", these mirrors weren't factory or anything like that. They were just an aftermarket mirror of a type that was popular for race cars, because the factory mirrors were effected by the air rushing past them at high speeds.

I suppose some drivers thought that they offered a bit of an aerodynamic advantage, but if any that would be very minimal.

The one you have there was one of the less common varieties. The chrome ones were far more common. Type 'bullet mirrors' into Google images & see what comes up.

Dr Terry.

#5 _Romper_

_Romper_
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2018 - 01:58 PM

I see what you mean Dr Terry, Yeah i know they aren't a factory mirror, although i seen them on some XU1's which were most likely fitted aftermarket, i have also seen them fitted in pictures on XU1's at Bathurst, was just after something different instead of the usual GTS or Factory steel type Mirror, but don't want a Chrome Mirror, i want them the color of the car.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users