Correct rear hatch carpet.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _Windknot_

_Windknot_
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:03 PM

After watching an original ad for a SS Torana hatch posted on this site but i can't remember where or by whom. I realised my replacement Hatch carpet or Mat is in one piece and doesn't have the splits the original does in the Ad.  Does any Repro company make the Mat with the splits ?  The split shown in the Ad was so the mat can drape into the spare well to hold an eski ( well an eski is shown in the ad ).  The split also meant you can fold it the other way so you can access the hinged panel without moving the whole mat around. It's not a big deal but if you have to go Repro it would be good to get close to the original.  I Vaguely remember my original Mat and it did have the splits in it. If anyone has a photo of the proper Mat or a Repro company that makes one that would be great.  Thanks  Glen

#2 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Car:lj xu1

Posted 10 December 2018 - 07:46 PM

Hi Glen, i like the bit about some repro items not being correct & as an original enthusiast, it really does frustrate me. Have a look on Liz ' s hatch build thread, it's quite an original vehicle in that area, it might show you how it should be, you could contact mick @ torana rpa & see if he knows anyone supplying the correct Matt too. Gary.

#3 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,461 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:47 PM

http://www.gmh-toran...ryonline/page-3

#4 _Windknot_

_Windknot_