LH SLR...Flares or Flareless

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#76 _JLM43_

_JLM43_
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2019 - 12:21 PM

I used to have a complete “L34” mechanical conversion kit. Everything except the engine and pipes. All brand new with part numbers on everything. Wayne Quine got it off me many years ago. It was stubs, rotors, calipers, springs, steering arms, axles, rear brakes, brake hoses etc. I’m not sure if the guy I got it off also got the body kit, wheels and engine bits or not. Old memory but I think he did and only did the body and engine but never bothered with the brakes and other bits. He may have also fitted the sway bar.

I had spoken to Wayne and I’m pretty sure he mentioned that story to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#77 Shiney005

Shiney005

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,034 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 December 2019 - 12:35 PM

L34 was released July '74.
I wonder when the flare package was released as 'spare parts' for purchase ?

The advert from Holden was in the June 1975 edition of the dealer magazine "Pointers" Col. I think Holden would have had 237 sets of spares to make up the 500 sets of parts required for homologation. There would be no reason why an owner of a 12 month old car couldn't go in and have a set of flares fitted.

However, I am sure they would have been sold with a fitting kit including the bolts and rectangular washers, which this car does not have. Are the flares fibreglass or plastic Jason? How about the front spoiler?

#78 _JLM43_

_JLM43_
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2019 - 12:37 PM

I’m not sure whether they are fibreglass or plastic. I can check this afternoon, however I think they’re fibreglass

#79 _JLM43_

_JLM43_
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2019 - 09:04 PM

Ok gang. I’m going back to no flares!

Next question. If anyone has left and right rear cuts please let me know

Thanks all :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users