Help needed identifying this air-con unit

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 _GMH-001_

_GMH-001_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2019 - 02:20 PM

As topic suggests I picked up this unit in a car I picked up and not 100% sure what vehicle it is designed for. The mounting holes are actually similar to lh-lx so I am thinking it is lc-lj, am I correct.? Also can anyone identify if it is factory/aftermarket etc and what it might be worth. You can see a little damage to casing however I plan to repair if its worthwhile (I am a panel beater with unfortunately loads of experience with f/glass-carbon-plastic repairs from bodykits etc so it wont be flywire and bog ). Cheers for any/all advice

Attached Files

#2 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 10 March 2019 - 02:37 PM

Not LC or LJ Torana. I would have thought more like HQ - Z. :dontknow:

#3 _GMH-001_

_GMH-001_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2019 - 02:42 PM

well that's narrowed down a couple more models lol Cheers

#4 _GMH-001_

_GMH-001_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2019 - 02:59 PM

Well it seems a random google search produced this from the gmh site. Sloffador has this pic in this thread http://www.gmh-toran...tting-air-con/  So it appears to be lh-lx after all. Question is whether its worth repairing and using it to help fund projects

Attached Files

#5 _2 girls racing_

_2 girls racing_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2019 - 03:49 PM

Part no. Off your last photo comes up with this.
2c477a1baa1144799c8b939fae7af4d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 Bigfella237

Bigfella237

Socially Distant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,368 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Car:(s) not as many as I'd like but more than I've got space for!

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:08 PM

I wouldn't think it's worth repairing, it looks in pretty poor condition and you would need to scrounge up a hundred other parts to get it working, unless you've got everything else that goes with it that is?

They never really worked all that well anyway, even when they were new... seems a bit silly to me having all the cold air parts hanging out into the engine bay directly over an exhaust manifold!

#7 _GMH-001_

_GMH-001_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:21 PM

I appreciate the feedback, yes Andrew I have heard other comments saying they never worked that well and lets be honest most people prefer under dash/hidden units to keep a clean and tidy engine bay. Might just hang it up on the wall with the rest of the odds and ends. I dont have any other pieces to it either just that. In fact the only torana piece I have left is a tailgate for a hatch with minimal rust/damage including window and rubber. Wouldn't mind knowing what that is worth but don't have any pics atm

#8 jpxu1

jpxu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 07:07 PM

I wouldn't ditch it. Someone somewhere will want it, even if it's just for spare parts. Holden stopped making all these bits quite some time ago, so every part we throw out is lost forever. Over the years wreckers scrapped thousands of Toranas, and now we (and no doubt they too) wished they hadn't, no matter how bad the condition seemed to be.

#9 _GMH-001_

_GMH-001_
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:42 AM

jpxu1, definately wont be ditching it, it will sit in shed with the rest of the collection of 'parts' lol The previously mentioned hatch tailgate has been hanging on shed wall for about 22 years now so nothing ever gets rubbished. I suffered enough with cars/parts I've disposed of in my early years and wished I never did so.. cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users