Accelerator problem triple CD175’s

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _macdou_

_macdou_
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:02 AM

Have fitted a set of triples to a 186 that’s fairly stock, there tuned and run fine. Throttle operation when engine is OFF is smooth and no problem.

However when I start the engine the accelerator pedal is hard to depress a small amount initially, once past around 1500rpm operates normally until you return to idle them becomes hard again. Hard to describe but when you depress the accelerator it’s hard first up, then let’s go when it gets to 1500 odd revs

When engine stops, accelerator goes back to smooth operation from idle to wot. There is no binding what’s so ever.

The only thing I can think of is excess vacuum as only occurs when engine starts.

#2 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:03 AM

ive had a similar thing with 175cd on a 202 with a standardish cam like you say to much vacuum what i did to fix it was made an extension for the leaver on the throttle arm to give it more leverage it worked a treat after this.

#3 _macdou_

_macdou_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:12 AM

I understand what you are saying but I am running a cable setup with a wheel. I have also removed the springs from each carb and have a single spring for the 3 carbs, spring tension is very light so throttle levers returns to the idle screws.

ive had a similar thing with 175cd on a 202 with a standardish cam like you say to much vacuum what i did to fix it was made an extension for the leaver on the throttle arm to give it more leverage it worked a treat after this.

Attached Files

#4 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:30 AM

maybe a bigger diameter wheel to get the leverage better? or smaller leaver pulling the other end of the cable?.

just some ideas.

cheers 

#5 _macdou_

_macdou_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:38 AM

Thanks DragLC I would guess a pretty uncommon problem but will look at modifying the linkage setup for more leverage.

maybe a bigger diameter wheel to get the leverage better? or smaller leaver pulling the other end of the cable?.

just some ideas.

cheers

#6 73TORANA!

73TORANA!

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Name:Geoff

Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:00 PM

I had a similar issue with my old LC 4cyl tori with a CD 150 and it turned out to be a worn throttle shaft spindle binding the butterfly when under vacuum. have they been rebuilt? how much play is in the shaft, 1mm will do it. 150's are more prone as to this as the shaft is smaller. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users