• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Name:Darren
  • Car:UC
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 April 2019 - 02:10 PM

Hi

For any one that is interested I just worked out kow much advance my Speedmaster 8005 holden v8 billet disy has. It has 10.62 Deg mechanical advance no vac advance. The pick up is the same as my MSD Por billet adjustable disy.      I also checked the bosh elestronic copy I had laying arround and that was 25.22 deg mechanical. Give it a + or - of about 2 deg to allow for any meshering and calculation error and the thing should do the job for me, or at least be a good start.

My procomp unit was advertised on ebay as an adjustable advance disy, It is not!!!!  Unless you want to bend the stop tabs same as the bosh unit. Lucky for me I was looking for arround 10 to 12 deg advance as my 355 likes about 12 deg static and tends to ping at high rpm with the factory advadce set up.

I fitted the MSD pick up, Striped lubricated and reassembled the thing and I hope it will now do the job, The msd unit I have from my wb ute will not fit the UC and a small cap adjustable unit is a lot more than the $150 I payed for this one so I hope will do the job. The bush/ shaft clearance seems good, A litle more side play in the counterweights than I would like but all in all it looks good.

Edited by dron, 14 April 2019 - 02:16 PM.

#2 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:52 PM

procomp dizzys are pure rubbish.

#3 myss427

myss427

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Car:427 hatch, CV8 Monaro, Ve SSV ute. Was part owner A9X sedan until he sold it without telling me!
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 April 2019 - 09:00 AM

You get what you pay for, never herd a good thing about procomp!

#4 dron

dron

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 April 2019 - 10:47 PM

Probaly right about the procomp gear. This one is now msd pick up, New bearing (I do not trust the origonal) and the advance unit has been shimmed up so I hope it will be wourth a try. The shaft is larger than the origonal bosch unit and the body is just billet alloy.

I am thinking of puting it in a lathe and reducing the od of where the cap fits on so A bosh cap will fit better. (Not that much pro comp left in this one.

#5 meanmachine72

meanmachine72

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts
  • Name:Jono

Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:43 PM

why mod   procomp stuff??  

#6 dron

dron

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:37 PM

It was advertised as adjustable and the small cap that will clear my firewall so I got it to check it out. It was cheap, It was not adjustable as advertised but when I checked the amount of advance it was just over 10 Deg. I was looking for 10 to 11 total so it was worth trying to sort the thing out.    I think the reason it has so little advance may just be there poor quality controal but it works for this job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users