Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts
  • Name:Ray
  • Car:SS Hatch

Posted 31 May 2019 - 08:02 AM

So the old girl likes to run on 98.

I would think most old skool cars are running 98 ?.

How expensive is it getting just to live. Here in Adelaide the crime is high. Not from the people that live here. Its our Government. Increased prices. Anything and everything they can and will increase and tell us its the peoples demand. This two horse shithole is becoming a joke. Think we pay the highest Electricity in the word ? Fines have gone up, but think we were the highest already. apparently we asked for this. Busses/Train fares have just gone up 60 per cent and parking has gone up 100 per cent. Australia is the land of opportunity. If your Government. This place really is a Frocken Joke. I now understand why there are so many people rorting the system. Because we feel so rorted ourselves. Selling off every thing we own, so these bas*ards can fill there own back pockets. Ah yeah. What are you paying for petrol atm. Dropped into two servos yesterday and payed between $1.79 - $1.82 per litre. The staff should be made to wear a Balaklava. Who would really want to live forever.

Adelaide your a backwater two horse town. Your roads are shit. You cant build bridge. We cant even have our lights go up and down at Adelaide oval. There placing roofs in other places and we don't have the ability to make our lights go up and down. I suggest, Unless you have to. Don't go to Adelaide. At least wait to we build our second servos station and our first one gets running water.

Ray

#2 meanmachine72

meanmachine72

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts
  • Name:Jono

Posted 31 May 2019 - 08:20 AM

time to move ray

#3 _macdou_

_macdou_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2019 - 08:24 AM

Maybe my area is in a low price cycle. Hasn’t been up in the 1.70-1.80’s thou.

Attached Files

Edited by macdou, 31 May 2019 - 08:25 AM.

#4 Liz Clare

Liz Clare

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Car:LJ GTR XU1 and LX SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 May 2019 - 08:29 AM

Hi Ray,

I just paid 172.9 in Newcastle for 98 fuel from BP, incidentally I just looked up local fuel prices and the Coles fuel, which has a "shopping discount" is the most expensive...did you mention being rorted?

Shame about Adelaide and I guess SA in general especially with the power stuff going on or not as the case may be.

They just cancelled the Adelaide Motorsport Festival that I was planning on going to again this year, was fantastic last year so I'm pretty disappointed with that...

Newcastle is also a backwater but the best thing about it is that it's close to Sydney :)

Cheers,

Liz :)

#5 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 08:31 AM

The government asked us to change to LPG, now when they knock a servo down and rebuild, they don't include LPG. You have to drive around to find one. When you do find one, your not sure what side the pump is because there are coffee signs over the lpg signs.

#6 _macdou_

_macdou_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2019 - 08:36 AM

Unleaded 98....

Attached Files

#7 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 08:44 AM

God help us all or at least lower the price of 98 in Badelaide

#8 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,470 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 31 May 2019 - 08:54 AM

We have the 'fuelwatch' price cycle

Petrol is cheapest on Mondays

This week it was 134.1 for the cheapest 91 ULP

Tuesday it was 161.9

Its the govts way of taxing everyone and putting money back into the economy ... not everyone has a home loan... but just about everyone has a car

When it comes to running 98... glad I don't have to atm.... but it will be a scary fill when the time comes.

Todays cheapest 98 (and its actually cheaper than Monday... prices seem to be falling this week) is 151.6 (United).. but the next suburb over is 172.9 (BP)

#9 _macdou_

_macdou_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2019 - 08:55 AM

Adeliade area

Attached Files

#10 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 08:55 AM

So they take away rego stickers then up the price for driving unregistered from $400 to $1000. Apparently we asked for this ??? Who are these people. If there politicians your asking then please don't lie. There not people. There lying dogs.

#11 _macdou_

_macdou_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2019 - 08:58 AM

Few more in Adeliade

Attached Files

#12 Max's SS

Max's SS

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Name:Steve

Posted 31 May 2019 - 10:27 AM

I'm not sure what you city folk are complaining about.....at least you have a fuel cycle where you have price discounting. Here in the country we have nothing. 

Did a trip into a remote area of SA recently and paid $2.25 per litre for 91 ULP.

Edited by Max's SS, 31 May 2019 - 10:29 AM.

#13 Redslur

Redslur

Has been Torana owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,531 posts
  • Name:Gerry
  • Car:HQ GTS Replica 350.

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:13 PM

Try living in Canberra. Everything is more expensive here than all the other capital cities. When it costs you $1000 a square meter for a block of land something stinks....So over our local government.

#14 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 02:19 PM

Have a look at the last line. What the.

Attached Files

#15 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 02:40 PM

Could you imagine there was no fixed petrol prices ?? You pull into the servo and the operator tells you there is a remote station in SA selling there petrol for $2.25 a litre. So the price atm is $2.25 a litre ?? Sorry another servo in NT have just put there price up, so now its $3.15 a litre. Sorry to have to say but a station in Tassie just put there's up to $4.00 a litre. Were does it end. We sold our souls to the Asian powers. Them whale hunting frocks

#16 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:50 PM

95 & 98 Unleaded are rorts within themselves. If my memory serves me correctly when 96 LRP 1st came onto the market it was 2 cents per litre dearer than 91 ULP.

Then when they scrapped 96 LRP and started producing 95 & 98 ULP the 95 was 6 cents per litre dearer than 91 and the 98 was 4 cents per litre dearer than 95. Apparently they claimed more oil was used to produce the higher octane fuels.

What is the price difference now? 96 is around 12 cents per litre dearer than 91 and 98 is something outrageous  like 20 cents per litre dearer than 91?

#17 Zook

Zook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 06:04 PM

Try living in Canberra. Everything is more expensive here than all the other capital cities. When it costs you $1000 a square meter for a block of land something stinks....So over our local government.

Somebody voted them back in last time round. Public servants probably. Anyway, Government don't set land prices, that's developers. And I'm only paying $1.42/L for fuel.

#18 GTR-1

GTR-1

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Car:Phantom Grey 7/71 LC GTR.

Posted 31 May 2019 - 06:11 PM

$2.63 for BP 98

$2.26 for 91

#19 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 31 May 2019 - 06:20 PM

$2.63 for BP 98

$2.26 for 91

:wtf: 

#20 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Car:lj xu1

Posted 31 May 2019 - 06:21 PM

I'm not sure what you city folk are complaining about.....at least you have a fuel cycle where you have price discounting. Here in the country we have nothing. 
Did a trip into a remote area of SA recently and paid $2.25 per litre for 91 ULP.

Fark!

#21 RallyRed

RallyRed

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,836 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 31 May 2019 - 06:34 PM

it sucks alright....but my VF2 SS shows a long term average of around 19L/ 100.  So maybe I dont care..............

Of course I care. but ..

#22 Zook

Zook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 07:02 PM

I get that prices vary and that they should probably be lower but in the end it is simply a cost of ownership. There's no point ranting on here because it won't have an effect any time soon. It is simply the free market economy at work. LOL.

#23 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,470 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 31 May 2019 - 09:18 PM

Wait till they drop 91 in the marketplace and the base fuel becomes 95

And everyone's fuel bills go up again

Coming soon to a pump near you

#24 u1 71

u1 71

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Name:peter
  • Car:torana

Posted 31 May 2019 - 09:23 PM

paid 1.26 for e10 at costco cross roads tonight 98 was 1.48

#25 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:58 AM

Any further down the road and you risk defeating the purpose. Our power prices don't seem to be one the free market. They sell it off and allow pricing based on you cant sell it higher than $14,200 a megawatt and if a producer asks for the maximum amount, then every producer gets paid the maximum amount. Then tell us there going to get these suppliers and make them pay for there excessive emissions. To make themselves look good. Knowing the suppliers are only going to forward the extra cost on to the consumer. Then our government tells us its not fair, followed by a pay rise. Back into there kennels after licking each others arse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users