Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts
  • Name:Ray
  • Car:SS Hatch

Posted 07 June 2019 - 08:54 PM

Australia recently had a drug and alcohol testing out the front of most schools. Yes there is a need for this, but out the front of schools is disgraceful. Worse than the parents doing the wrong thing. Having kids watch there parent arrested in front of there friends could only scar them for life. I know what your going to say (keeping the kids safe). Well I agree. There has to be a better way than exposing kids to this in front of friends / teachers. They look up to us and hard enough to watch this happen at anytime. That is there school / there friends and teachers. Would you want to go back there if you were the kids who parents done the wrong thing ? Ray

#2 Toranamat69

Toranamat69

Forum R&D Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:35 PM

These tests are highly unreliable and freqently give false positives. This is why they have to do a follow up lab test. These things are just a menace to society and yet another way they are trying to control the masses and focus punishment on the groups they want to vilify.

Edited by Toranamat69, 07 June 2019 - 09:35 PM.

#3 RallyRed

RallyRed

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,836 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:35 PM

A,woman up this way recently had a PCA off the scale, as she pulled up to pick up the kids at 3pm .
She was that paro , that all and sundry noticed.
In the end, some of the Teachers took the keys and entertained her until the law arrived.
Could have genuinely saved a few kids lives....

#4 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,119 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:40 PM

Australia recently had a drug and alcohol testing out the front of most schools. Yes there is a need for this, but out the front of schools is disgraceful. Worse than the parents doing the wrong thing. Having kids watch there parent arrested in front of there friends could only scar them for life. I know what your going to say (keeping the kids safe). Well I agree. There has to be a better way than exposing kids to this in front of friends / teachers. They look up to us and hard enough to watch this happen at anytime. That is there school / there friends and teachers. Would you want to go back there if you were the kids who parents done the wrong thing ? Ray

Arh cmon Ray have a beer and a scoob and chill out brother ✌️

#5 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 11:47 AM

Great advice Ice, I am not going through this life straight :).

#6 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 08 June 2019 - 05:24 PM

I dont have a problem with it.

Like any law, if you dont break it, you wont have a problem.

Way too many people consider laws optional, especially on our roads.

#7 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 08 June 2019 - 06:30 PM

I wouldn't like to think someone is driving drunk or drug affected near my grand kids, simple as that.  Cheers Ron

#8 _Housecat1977_

_Housecat1977_
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2019 - 07:16 PM

I dont have a problem with it.
Like any law, if you dont break it, you wont have a problem.
Way too many people consider laws optional, especially on our roads.

I wouldn't like to think someone is driving drunk or drug affected near my grand kids, simple as that.  Cheers Ron

Both of these.

The only people responsible for their children potentially being scarred by these drug and alcohol tests are the people that have done the wrong thing.

#9 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 07:35 PM

My point is, should this be done in front of these kids. What about the drunk Runner. One day someone will take off and run over some kids. Then they might ask the question, is this the best place to do this. Ray 

#10 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 07:58 PM

So, your kids get run over due to the cops testing in a kids pick up zone. Drunk and drug affected people taking off.  We all know this happens. Its not only Mum and Dad picking up the kids, anyone using the road that day. Escape convict getting pulled over while a hundred kids walking around. His doesn't want to go back to jail. The only reason these kids got ran over was due to they poor choice of location. Are you honestly thinking about this or just thinking don't do the wrong thing and you have nothing to worry about ??? Ray

#11 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 08:08 PM

a few words His / he they / the . Geno told me to have a scoob lol.

#12 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 08 June 2019 - 11:31 PM

Sorry Ray unless I am misreading it you need to have a look at what you are saying (or thinking).  

Edited by Cook, 08 June 2019 - 11:32 PM.

#13 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Car:lj xu1

Posted 09 June 2019 - 08:13 AM

The idea of random, is any "random" location. No i wouldn't have a problem with it at all. If you've been in an accident with a drink driver & survived, neither would anyone. Personally i don't think children should be around very drunk or stoned adults, some might not like that, but are you not trying to point them in all the right directions & lead them into a good style of living, so as they can make good choices ?

#14 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 11:59 AM

I think it elevates the risk of danger whilst children are present. This could be done further down the road out of view. Results would be the same. If an affected driver does a runner, there is more than one choice of direction. Not just through the school crossing.

#15 _Housecat1977_

_Housecat1977_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:01 AM

I'm sure that the police would have done a risk assessment for the location prior to setting up the RBT. And this would include the remote possibility of a driver doing a runner.

#16 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:30 AM

I don't recall seeing (remote) on a risk assessment. When I got pulled over, I should have been asked to remove keys from the ignition.

What are the risk's (low). What is implemented measure to stop this. Operator to remove keys from ignition.

Yes I was tested, Nothing in my system. Ray

#17 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:42 AM

A bloke I was friends with a while back, used to regularly drive pissed and high on ICE with his kids in the car.

His trips were only about 1 km, and sometimes about 5 km, but very rare.

A few of us chipped him about driving pissed with the kids, but we basically were told to mind our own business.

I used to talk to his kids a lot.

3 girls, 14, 11 and 8.

They all hated it going in the car with him when pissed, and knew what he was doing.

They all asked me of they were wrong hoping that he would get booked for drunk driving.

Kids arent as stupid as some people try to make them out to be.

They know more about what is going on around them than they let parents know about.

They tend to have different personas.

The one the parents see, and the one that friends see.

Pretty sure some of the kids would be happy if their parents got pinged for drink driving.

I know his kids would have loved it, and they wouldnt have cared where it happened.

#18 Toranamat69

Toranamat69

Forum R&D Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 06:45 PM

I don't pick up or drop off kids at school and don't care what others actually think of me so it doesnt affect me at all.
These saliva swabs they use throw false positives in around 20 to 25 percent of cases. That is very ordinary and there would be many people who would not be impressed with being frog marched back to the station to clear their name in front of everyone.
I would be pissed about the waste of my time and invasion of my privacy.
The fact we as a society is so pissweak as to allow a shit system like this to be implemented shows how #@$^%& this country has become.

#19 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 07:42 PM

Think that's a great point . As a drop off person myself, bye the time I got back to my car (all now at home) and living in a small town. I will always be remembered for that. All the cops say is sorry, that's why we don't go by the first test. Ray

#20 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 11:09 PM

Think that's a great point . As a drop off person myself, bye the time I got back to my car (all now at home) and living in a small town. I will always be remembered for that. All the cops say is sorry, that's why we don't go by the first test. Ray

But there is a 24 hour ban on driving which would be an inconvenience.

But I wouldnt care personally because it does get quite a few off the road.

My area has been on the RBT show, and was getting the highest percentage of drug affected drivers in the state apparently.

Small price to pay for the good results it gets.

#21 Toranamat69

Toranamat69

Forum R&D Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:37 AM

I have personally tested quite a number of 2 brands of these. The ones my work uses and the ones the cops use.

Both types spat false negatives and consistantly failed to detect what it should have. The 'random' isnt if you get pulled over, it is the test result that is the random bit. If it makes you feel safer thats great but it is a con.

#22 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:52 AM

I have personally tested quite a number of 2 brands of these. The ones my work uses and the ones the cops use.

Both types spat false negatives and consistantly failed to detect what it should have. The 'random' isnt if you get pulled over, it is the test result that is the random bit. If it makes you feel safer thats great but it is a con.

I know of a few drivers who have tested positive, and were in fact regular users.

Havent heard of anyone yet who has been tested and got a negative result when they were high, or a positive result when they were clean.

But that is just from people I know and people they know.

And word does get around in a smallish community.

Unfortunately I know way too many people who actively use illicit drugs.

I only know them, and for the most part do not consider them friends.

I have a recovering addict  living with me. And unfortunately those she know have very low morals and make her life more difficult.

I have no sympathy for those who drive with illegal substances in their systems.

#23 claysummers

claysummers

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,318 posts
  • Name:Clay
  • Car:186 FB Ute, 3.3 EK sedan

Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:31 PM

Think you need to find a new supplier Matt. Sounds like “the drugs aren’t working”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#24 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:32 PM

Hey Members, well I think it worked out to be a good discussion. We were all in favour of the tests themselves. Location ? I think at the schools won. Most of all, lets keep our future little people of today safe. Only dic#heads drive under the influence. Ray

#25 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,307 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 June 2019 - 02:00 PM

If you're talking about drunk driving, you are talking about under the effect of alcohol i.e. impairment.

If you are talking about driving with drugs in the system, that is a totally different thing and probably has nothing to do with impairment. That test is almost just as relevant for someone walking down the street or sitting on their couch, as it is for a driver of a motor vehicle. It is actually a frOcking joke that it is enforced by any kind of 'road authority' in the first place.

Edited by Heath, 11 June 2019 - 02:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users