rexy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts
  • Name:Rexy
  • Car:Kia grand carnival!!!

Posted 21 January 2020 - 06:15 PM

So allow the ASRF to be your club, like they do in Victoria.

Works a treat.

#27 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,122 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 21 January 2020 - 07:02 PM

The stupid government just want money for nothing
why cant it be one rule Australia wide ffs we live in the same country
red tape shits me

#28 UCSLE

UCSLE

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Name:troy
  • Car:Goggomobil

Posted 21 January 2020 - 10:01 PM

whats stopping the car clubs hiking the price of events up ?

for someone living in the country the cost of fuel to get to a event , paying for the event and also the cost club fees it doesn't sound that much cheaper

#29 77lx308

77lx308

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Car:77 lx 308

Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:10 PM

Few points of interest.

1. Everything is still up in the air - WA Street Machines (who are organising) does not want annual inspections - most other things are still being negotiated

2. They want very similar usage to club 404 rules 

3. 404 includes ad hoc runs (simply email club before going) to allow for free driving

4. Club involvement required for admin and to "promote community etc" when selling it to non car folks. Club membership is compulsory on most eastern states discount regos

5. Nationwide standardised road rules and regs? Radical concept - tell him he is dreamin

And added to this - the Combined Torana Car Club of WA is keeping a close eye on the situation and is intending to assist folks getting on to this scheme if it proves suitable. We have not raised our fees in the last god knows how long and annual membership is $55 per year and less for country. (who can hopefully also take advantage)

The club does not play politics - promote hoon driving or any other crap. Most of you folks who had anything to do with ToranaWest or other events that the CTCC have been involced in can attest to this. The CTCC is really hoping that this scheme proves to be a boon for WA car enthusiasts. And yes we will also benefit so a win win.

As I hear more and how the club may be able to assist folks saving $600 per year and still be able to drive their cars when they want - I will keep you informed.

Disclaimer - in case you had not worked it out already - yes I am an office bearer with the CTCC........

#30 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,470 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 22 January 2020 - 09:52 PM

Disclaimer - in case you had not worked it out already - yes I am an office bearer with the CTCC........

Can I add my non Torana to your club rego scheme when it comes thru ?

Incase I don't want to join a Datsun club, A Cadillac club ... and a Torana club 

#31 77lx308

77lx308

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 10:06 PM

Obviously we need to see the final details of the proposal.........

However if it is anything like 404 then yes.

Currently one of our members has a Torana and a truck - the Torana is not on club rego but the truck is!

All perfectly allowable under the current scheme.

We are hoping that this new scheme will be the same.

Join one club and get all your modified cars covered. The only proposal we are considering is to make sure at least one of your cars is a Torana.

We are however reviewing our position on fords  ;)  :P  :D

#32 dattoman

dattoman

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,470 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 01:35 AM

I don't have any running rego'd Toranas yet... but the Caddy and the Datsun have rego

Caddy standard

Datto modified

#33 yel327

yel327

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:23 AM

Shout me down if the answer is obvious, but why is annual inspections such an issue? They’ve been in NSW since before I bought my first car in the early 80’s, and as far as I am concerned it is a far better scheme than say QLD that never had them as it ensures cars at least have decent tyres, steering, brakes, operational lights and aren’t too low, loud or generally obviously illegal. Has to be a good thing? In NSW historic rego does allow the club to do annual inspections but you can opt for pink slips which is a lot easier on the club.

#34 dattoman

dattoman

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,470 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:42 AM

The annual rego issue for me... would be that if my car isn't running at the time of rego renewal... they would delicence it

I have a few cars undergoing rebuilds/mods... and couldn't front up to an inspection

So they would be de-licenced at that time... would be a pain in the ass to get them re-regod when they are drivable again

Not to mention the time and effort required to get the vehicles to inspections each year... when you have a few cars... its time consuming

I have a couple of cars with rego that don't drive

Lets say the cars in a panel shop for example... you know how long those guys can take doing a job

Could end up with no rego by the time it came out

#35 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:20 AM

Never been an issue in NSW.

I have the Lexus, the Hilux, box trailer, car trailer, Suzuki DR650 and soon to have my HJ Premier and HK GTS. All need pink slips every year. Even if we set up a club with a few of us for club rego we will still insist upon pink slips for the club rego cars every year. To me it is simply common sense.

Edited by yel327, 23 January 2020 - 09:24 AM.

#36 Shiney005

Shiney005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,033 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:53 AM

Having to make 5 trips to an inspection centre and stump up the fees for such every year doesn't make much sense to me.

My nearest one is 45 kays from where I live. If that system was in W.A. (for all rego's) then I would have to make that trip 14 times. That's got to be at least $1,400, 630 kilometers, and a couple of days worth of time. I can't see how NSW can even get away with a system like that.

#37 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,832 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:08 AM

F uck that. QLD has some stupid policies in place for things already. But I certainly hope they don’t start introducing annual inspections. That can stay in NSW or whatever state everyone keeps leaving to move up here.

#38 77lx308

77lx308

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:29 AM

WA has no annual inspections for any A class vehicles currently. Other states do. As such should folks have to do inspections just cos they have cheaper rego and no one else has to?

#39 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:35 AM

F uck that. QLD has some stupid policies in place for things already. But I certainly hope they don’t start introducing annual inspections. That can stay in NSW or whatever state everyone keeps leaving to move up here.

Agree, thank god we don't have annual inspections. Rego is expensive enough without throwing the cost of a  Safety Certificate on top and add to that the time spent dropping off and picking the vehicle up at the mechanics shop.

Some people will also have the cost of a taxi or Ride share to add on also. Then multiply that by however many registered vehicles you own.

I find it hard to justify annual vehicle safety inspections when the stats here in QLD (from memory) reveal that more serious crashes are caused by poor road design and maintenance than defective vehicles.

Edited by S pack, 23 January 2020 - 10:40 AM.

#40 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 01:14 PM

Wow! I suppose it is like daylight savings, just a fact of life in NSW. Inspections were introduced due to people not maintaining cars properly. When I was younger it was a well known fact you didn’t want cars out of QLD as they always needed steering, suspension, brakes, tyres etc. and were normally rusted to the point of being dangerous. I’ve always thought it was a necessary thing to get annual inspections, the amount of unroadworthy rubbish that always turned up at wreckers after they failed pink slip inspections in NSW was testament to it doing what it was supposed to do. Doesn’t mean all cars are like it, but at least you have some confidence that there are less death traps around. Never been an issue for me and it has helped me over the years as I’ve bought some good cars to wreck that were failed for rego due to cracked chassis, rusty floors etc. like the cracker VQ 185kW HSV enhanced Statesman my mate bought about two years ago as it had flogged out its suspension bushes and wouldn’t pass rego.
To be honest I’d be blowing up if they took pink slips away!

#41 Shiney005

Shiney005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,033 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 January 2020 - 02:06 PM

Yep. Just like daylight savings. We don't want that either.  :)

#42 eyepeeler

eyepeeler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • Car:77 SL Hatchback, Chrome Yellow L34, LX IPRA Race Car the White Ghost

Posted 23 January 2020 - 02:59 PM

Yep. Just like daylight savings. We don't want that either.  :)

I would love WA to go with daylight savings......

#43 CI 0308

CI 0308

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:77 LX SS, VX SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:09 PM

Shout me down if the answer is obvious, but why is annual inspections such an issue? They’ve been in NSW since before I bought my first car in the early 80’s, and as far as I am concerned it is a far better scheme than say QLD that never had them as it ensures cars at least have decent tyres, steering, brakes, operational lights and aren’t too low, loud or generally obviously illegal. Has to be a good thing? In NSW historic rego does allow the club to do annual inspections but you can opt for pink slips which is a lot easier on the club.

Because my car running a 350 chev, T10, 9 inch rear with disk brakes, upgraded HX brakes and lowered suspension, 10 inch hotwires, that has been continuously regestered that way from the early 80's wouldnt pass an inspection albeit maintained with new tyres, shocks etc. So for me at the moment it will just be kept with the normal rego and driven like an old lady once a month if I am lucky.

Edited by CI 0308, 23 January 2020 - 03:12 PM.

#44 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,122 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:41 PM

I would love WA to go with daylight savings......

Not that old chestnut nut

lol

#45 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:52 PM

Because my car running a 350 chev, T10, 9 inch rear with disk brakes, upgraded HX brakes and lowered suspension, 10 inch hotwires, that has been continuously regestered that way from the early 80's wouldnt pass an inspection albeit maintained with new tyres, shocks etc. So for me at the moment it will just be kept with the normal rego and driven like an old lady once a month if I am lucky.

Wouldn’t pass a pink slip here either, but also wouldn’t be covered by Insurance either. But once Engineered no dramas. You wouldn’t get 10” wheels Engineered though unless the right bearings and offset utilised.

#46 CI 0308

CI 0308

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:77 LX SS, VX SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:03 PM

Wouldn’t pass a pink slip here either, but also wouldn’t be covered by Insurance either. But once Engineered no dramas. You wouldn’t get 10” wheels Engineered though unless the right bearings and offset utilised.

Correct, so for now it can stay how its been for the last 30 plus years with full rego because 30 odd years ago no one mentioned "Engineering". All you got was does it have any oil leaks and do the windscreen washers work!!

#47 Oversteer

Oversteer

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Car:LH SLR5000

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:14 PM

You would get less engineered in WA than anywhere else, even if you want to do the right thing WA authorities are pricks when it comes to modifying cars, they don't want them and they don't officially follow NCOP, just make up there own rules case by case !

It's a big problem when buying cars from over east too, some nice modified cars at reasonable prices that would never be able to be registered in WA...

So it's a bit of  trade off, in WA we can't do shit modifying cars engineered or not, but we don't have annual inspections so running the gauntlet is easier ! Over east you can engineer some wild shit, but you have annual inspections ! At the end of the day, with permits and modifications eastern states have it better.

#48 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:28 PM

30 years ago you’d still get defected in NSW and have trouble at rego time. T10, diff and brakes probably not but SBC and 10” wheels yes. My FJ40 Landcruiser was fully Engineered in 1984 with SBC and seatbelts connected to the rollcage. I let it run out of rego for a year and had to get it re-inspected “over the pits” (at the RTA). They didn’t want to pass it until I showed them the old rego papers with the words “Engineered as per report....” on it.
Anyone that was a member of the Institution of Engineers back then could Engineer a car though. As an Electrical Engineer I could do it, but not anymore. It was easy back then though. 307 SBC into LH Torana with TH350, 9” and HQ brakes. You just showed why it was all OK, that L34 ran same brakes, showed receipt from diff shop, gearbox crossmember builder and tailshaft maker. Stated you were using standard HQ SBC mounts. Pass a noise test and all good. ADR27A was the hard one.

#49 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:35 PM

30 years ago in QLD you could get defected for exceeding std wheel track by more than 1".

#50 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:51 PM

30 years ago in QLD you could get defected for exceeding std wheel track by more than 1".

Here was the same, but if it was Engineered all good. All you had to do was for example on a HQ show that WB with the same bearings ran 15x7 rims with wider track and all was good. With HK show that HT-HG had track a whole inch wider with same bearings, all good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users