Birch

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Name:Birch barbados
  • Car:Lx 4 door

Posted 05 February 2021 - 03:37 PM

wondering if any can tell me what difference will it make fitting a non rts front end in this car

#27 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,307 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 February 2021 - 09:56 AM

LX RTS?

It will give you a little more camber gain on bump. It's literally a case of drilling two holes per side in a different position... just do that; you don't need to change the front end, lol.

Then replace whatever bushes etc. are needed, adjust it up to 2 degrees of positive castor, get some lowered springs and cut them until the car sits with the tyre inline with the eyebrow of the guard, make sure you've got a bigger aftermarket front swaybar and as good a pair of shocks as you're willing to spend the money on. 

Edited by Heath, 07 February 2021 - 09:56 AM.

#28 Birch

Birch

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 February 2021 - 04:11 PM

cheers mate only reason I'm looking for another krame is because mine has no engine mounts but I can get hold of one that is non rts other wise wouldn't be chasing one
Thanks for explaining the difference

#29 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,307 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 February 2021 - 08:30 AM

Yeah look just buy whatever you can find as long as it has the normal 6cyl/V8 engine mounts.

You can drill the rear-mount swaybar holes into a base model LH K-Frame if they aren't present, and as I said you can change those upper pivot holes very easily as well.

You might be able to sell your old K-Frame to someone who's going to do an interesting engine swap, or put an engine plate in their car, too. I try to find a home for anything I don't use, and with Toranas, I normally succeed.

Edited by Heath, 08 February 2021 - 08:31 AM.

#30 Birch

Birch

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 09:29 AM

thanks heath I've had 2 blokes now with torana projects contact me with kframes now and don't want a fortune for them and gave helped me sourcing some other parts I needed when I pull mine apart ill advertise it
what overhaul kit do you recommend for the krame also shocks and springs ,ball joints

#31 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,307 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 February 2021 - 10:32 AM

I don't have any strong recommendations. I used Whiteline urethane bushes throughout because my mate at Repco took care of me on the price. And I bought the 'Moog' brand balljoints through Summit (USA).

Moog had a reputation of being superior to what people were stocking in Australia a decade ago. Whether that's valid or not I have no idea. I don't think Moog is anything particularly special.

#32 Birch

Birch

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 12:11 PM

purchased a speco shift for the muncie from a bloke who used to have a speed shop and was cleaning out his shed , brand new still in box Mr Shifter
Anyone used these on a muncie in a Torana behind a 308 if so what's they any good as I heard they wasn't the best
what mods to tunnel was needed

#33 Birch

Birch

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 01:52 PM

Attached File  20210223_132051.jpg   133.19K   5 downloadsAttached File  20210223_132059.jpg   169.12K   4 downloadsAttached File  20210223_132142.jpg   148.49K   5 downloads

#34 warrenm

warrenm

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
  • Car:1972 LJ Torana
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 March 2021 - 05:19 AM

It looks like the Speco will mount on top of the box which will put the shifter in a similar position the std shifter so you shouldn't have to modify the floor like a Hurst shifter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users