6 replies to this topic

#1 yel327

yel327

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,079 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:49 PM

Anyone know of a compact 4 port canister off a modern car? I thought my Holley Sniper had a purge port but it doesn’t, only a ported vacuum port. So I need a 4 port canister I believe. I know I’ll only need 3 ports as like a Quadrajet there is no bowl vent, but like a Quadrajet one port gets blocked on the canister, and the purge is operated by ported vacuum.
It is for my HK. The standard tank has a little breather off the filler neck that goes out of the boot floor and exits just above the diff. The VY MRA has a breather too, so I plan to tee this one with the filler one in the boot and run a breather line to the front of the car to a canister. I don’t want the fuel smell you can get with an open breather.

#2 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,079 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 09:13 PM

I just looked at a VN-VP one, it looks like it has a purge control valve on it and works with an EFI throttle body, plus is nice and compact so should work.

#3 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,079 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:20 PM

Did some more research, VN-VP canister should work perfectly. Even found one in the shed left over from an old VP V8 conversion I had and didn’t use. Complete with mounting bracket and spring plus all pipes and joiners.
Looks like the smallest port goes to the small ported vacuum port on the Sniper, the middle size one to a full vacuum port on the Sniper and the large inlet to the tank. The HK even has the same clip holes on the passenger side inner sill that are there on the drivers side for the fuel line and rear brake line clips, so just a few of these clips and bend up some Bundy tube and I will have the tank to canister line sorted. Should be a neat spot for the canister on the heater blanking plates on the firewall too and the hoses can follow the heater hoses from the firewall to the engine (car is getting a Vintage Air setup).

#4 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:10 PM

Hi Yel.  good to see you have been able to resolve your problems.  You have resolved a number of mine in the past.  Out of curiosity have you looked at an OldAir system? Cheers Ron

#5 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,079 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:19 PM

No mate, already have the Vintage Air setup ready to go.

#6 YELLAcakeu308

YELLAcakeu308

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • Name:ben
  • Car:A10X

Posted 28 May 2020 - 06:44 AM

what would be the best way to do this with 750 vac secondary carb?

#7 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,079 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 07:04 AM

Big port to tank. Middle size port to a full vacuum port on the carby base. Small port to a ported vacuum port on the carby. If it is a manual and you are using the ported vacuum port for the dizzy vacuum advance just put a T piece in it like GMH did with manual cars. If you don't have a spare port for the full vacuum for the middle size port use a T in the PCV line. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users