skap

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Name:Skap
  • Car:Mighty VN

Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:53 PM

I dont get it.  Tony, you are in Perth, why didnt you offer to meat him and view tags? lol..

Gino aint gonna do shit..

#28 lx308

lx308

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts
  • Name:Tony
  • Car:2005 CV8 Monaro

Posted 09 June 2020 - 09:39 PM

I dont get it.  Tony, you are in Perth, why didnt you offer to meat him and view tags? lol..

Gino aint gonna do shit..

I'm not in Perth.

#29 ido09s

ido09s

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Name:Brad

Posted 10 June 2020 - 08:04 AM

his Facebook profile says he lives in Sydney which kinda adds up if those pics came from Toranafest. He likes throwing people off though with the links to Townsville and Cockburn

The problem is Police aren't interested in doing anything about this stuff. I have sent emails off to them before and weeks later the adds have still been online. I have reported tags to eBay and Gumtree before and nothing gets done. The best we can do is get the numbers and add them to the registry on here for future reference.

Edited by ido09s, 10 June 2020 - 08:08 AM.

#30 meanmachine72

meanmachine72

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts
  • Name:Jono

Posted 10 June 2020 - 10:35 AM

his Facebook profile says he lives in Sydney which kinda adds up if those pics came from Toranafest. He likes throwing people off though with the links to Townsville and Cockburn

The problem is Police aren't interested in doing anything about this stuff. I have sent emails off to them before and weeks later the adds have still been online. I have reported tags to eBay and Gumtree before and nothing gets done. The best we can do is get the numbers and add them to the registry on here for future reference.

if he is in sydney then email this guy..i have and with one of my leads a guy selling xu-1 tags was charged with rebirthing

Hi John,

Some feedback on this one. A car did turn up with these numbers on it. We will be charging the owner with vehicle rebirthing offences.

Regards,

Shannon Bonnar
Team Leader Vehicle Identity

Compliance & Regulatory Services | Safety, Environment & Regulation

Transport for NSW

T 02 8335 9447 M 0408 610 648
Level Ground 5 Lord Street Botany NSW 2019

[email protected]

now this guy also passes my info onto other state officials...we got to be all proactive in stamping (no pun intended) this out

#31 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 10 June 2020 - 10:56 AM

if he is in sydney then email this guy..i have and with one of my leads a guy selling xu-1 tags was charged with rebirthing

Hi John,

Some feedback on this one. A car did turn up with these numbers on it. We will be charging the owner with vehicle rebirthing offences.

Regards,

Shannon Bonnar
Team Leader Vehicle Identity

Compliance & Regulatory Services | Safety, Environment & Regulation

Transport for NSW

T 02 8335 9447 M 0408 610 648
Level Ground 5 Lord Street Botany NSW 2019

[email protected]

now this guy also passes my info onto other state officials...we got to be all proactive in stamping (no pun intended) this out

Great stuff John. Sadly it sounds like they didn't or couldn't charge the person selling the tags.

But they can get you if you change the identity of a vehicle with the tags you bought. :spoton:

Pity that only a very very small number of people who discover they have bought a dud actually make a complaint to their relevant authorities.

Seems that most would rather perpetuate the fraud and pass the POS onto some other poor unsuspecting person.

IMO these successive owners are just as culpable as the person who initiated the fraud if they don't make full disclosure.

Edited by S pack, 10 June 2020 - 10:58 AM.

#32 skap

skap

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Name:Skap
  • Car:Mighty VN

Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:57 PM

Great stuff John. Sadly it sounds like they didn't or couldn't charge the person selling the tags.

But they can get you if you change the identity of a vehicle with the tags you bought. :spoton:

Pity that only a very very small number of people who discover they have bought a dud actually make a complaint to their relevant authorities.

Seems that most would rather perpetuate the fraud and pass the POS onto some other poor unsuspecting person.

IMO these successive owners are just as culpable as the person who initiated the fraud if they don't make full disclosure.

Yep, the Lime Green, Sandalwood trim "XU-1" is a prime example.  Too hard so the owner discovers its dodge and just throws it to Lloyds or Shannons and wipes their hands of it...

#33 _Carcrazy_

_Carcrazy_
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2020 - 09:28 AM

Like all with this knucklehead, I woould think the picture of the torana at the show is also pulled of internet somewhere. As he has started a new acccount for these plates. The only way somebody will get the numbers is to pay a deposit then see them. Pity the police cannot chase his ip account, that is really the only way of finding him.

#34 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,469 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 11 June 2020 - 09:40 PM

He keeps trying to join Steel Bumpers Buy and Sell

Thats not gunna work :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic