cullensy

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Name:wes
  • Car:uc hatch

Posted 13 September 2020 - 12:03 PM

hi im im the middle of a ls conversion can someone point me in it right direction, ive got my drop tank in getting the fuel pump installed running a return less pump from efi hardware ,now how has evereyone run there fuel lines and fuel tank vent line my motor is out of a vf so do i use the carcoal canister/ purge tank from that or something else???? photos would help

#2 yel327

yel327

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,008 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 12:57 PM

If you have an MRA in the tank it will have a breather port as well as the other tank breathers. On my HK I’m putting the MRA breather and the filler neck breather into a T and running a 5/16” bundy tube to the front into a VP canister which will purge using the ported vacuum port on the Holley EFI. I’d just use the VF canister and connect to the engine using all factory connections, just run a vent line back to the tank or use the original if it’s a 1/75 onwards. Others here might have some better help on how they’ve connected a drop tank’s vents into original Torana canister, from memory Torana had a vapour condenser above the tank before the vapour li e to the front.

#3 neglectedtorana

neglectedtorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • Name:Tom
  • Car:LX Torana Sunbird

Posted 13 September 2020 - 06:55 PM

I have a VT-VZ type pump mounted in a drop tank.

Has a return, vent and supply connection on top of the pump. The vent connects to the original vapor separator thing mounted just fwd of the tank,

Attached File  P1110660.JPG   158.19K   1 downloads

The supply goes to the filter mounted next to the rear spring

Attached File  P1110658.JPG   156.67K   1 downloads

And the return comes back from a T-piece connection just after the filter. Works fine so far.

Attached File  P1110663.JPG   156.08K   1 downloads

#4 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,008 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 07:21 PM

I have the same setup, ie VZ type pump in the tank with the dead-head type filter with return straight after the outlet.

Out of interest, is that vapour thingy just in front of the tank simply to group multiple tank vapour points back to one line to go forward to the canister?

#5 neglectedtorana

neglectedtorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • Name:Tom
  • Car:LX Torana Sunbird

Posted 13 September 2020 - 07:51 PM

I think that is what it is for,

I have the VZ canister mounted under the guard on a bracket off the front bumper bar

#6 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,008 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 08:08 PM

I just searched the forum and found it has a little float in it to stop fluid running forward, designed to separate fuel and run it back to the tank. I’ll go visit Classicozwreck and see if I can find one off a canister Holden or Torana. Although it looks like some cars have a check valve in the canister vent line to stop fuel getting to the canister, so one of them might be the go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users