Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Name:George Hatzi
  • Car:LX Torana

Posted 28 September 2020 - 08:42 AM

Hi All,

I want to buy front and rear standard height V8 king springs for my LX SLR replica and am not sure which to buy.

There are LX V8 springs and SLR springs.

Would anyone have any knowledge of what the difference is between them?

Thanks all.

George

#2 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 28 September 2020 - 11:14 AM

Hi George.  There is an old thread on here about that.  I can't link it but if you type "King Springsv8 Torana springs Vs SLR 5000/A9X Springs" you will find some info.  Cheers Ron

#3 _sbc57lx_

_sbc57lx_
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2020 - 11:20 AM

I think KING's have allowed for the bigger diameter wheels used on the SLR V8's         yes I know it really applies to A9X.

Their catalog lists a STD height  6 cylinder car    as a LOWER spring for a V8 cylinder car,

#4 neglectedtorana

neglectedtorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Name:Tom
  • Car:LX Torana Sunbird

Posted 30 September 2020 - 08:35 PM

My LX sedan had Kings standard low front and rear, (KHFL-14 KHRL-12) with the LS1 the front was taller than the rear so I changed the front to the super low KHFL-44 same as the (6 cylinder standard low springs), the car sat very nice and even however was too low underneath for ground clearance and engineering.

I went back to the Kings front standard low and put standard springs in the rear )KHRS-12) then the rear was too tall the difference in the rear between the low and standard was about 40mm so I swapped the standard low rears back in and added 25mm of poly shims and the car is now pretty level and has good ground clearance.

On an un-flared car the standard springs are pretty tall, I don't know how they will suit a flared car.

I have the standard rear springs available if you either want to try them or buy them at a reasonable offer, even have the original box. They were in the car fora few weeks with 1 trip around the block.

The thread Cook mentioned

http://www.gmh-toran...000a9x-springs/

#5 tsn007

tsn007

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  • Name:Tony
  • Car:LX hatch, LX sedan

Posted 30 September 2020 - 09:57 PM

i just started working at Wholesale Suspension Arndell Park and sell King springs

call me 0419638632

#6 HNSGEQ

HNSGEQ

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Name:George Hatzi
  • Car:LX Torana

Posted 01 October 2020 - 05:11 PM

Thanks for your help all. I'm a little while away from needing the springs and the fronts are the most important for me because I'll be rebuilding my front end and don't want to pull it apart once I've fitted it up etc. etc......

Will contact you both when I'm ready. Thank you!!

Edited by HNSGEQ, 01 October 2020 - 05:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users