Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Car:LJ

Posted 29 March 2022 - 07:06 PM

Repro LJ rear light bezel screw holes.jpg

These are anodised over aluminium. I bought a set however I’m glad I test fitted one before painting the outer blackouts because they don’t fit. Nup. Screw holes don’t line up vertically or horizontally. I could probably distort them to make them fit using only some of the holes but this a pretty delicate/cosmetic part and without being a jeweller I’m certain the best outcome will be a ~ 5mm gap at the top corner. I only tried LHS but assume RHS will be the same.

#28 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,522 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 29 March 2022 - 07:47 PM

These are anodised over aluminium. I bought a set however I’m glad I test fitted one before painting the outer blackouts because they don’t fit. Nup. Screw holes don’t line up vertically or horizontally. I could probably distort them to make them fit using only some of the holes

but this a pretty delicate/cosmetic part and without being a jeweller I’m certain the best outcome will be a ~ 5mm gap at the top corner. I only tried LHS but assume RHS will be the same.but they still cannot get the holes in the correct positions.

How farking hopeless, the screw holes in the sample bezels in 2018 are obviously wrong. They even had one sitting on its corresponding alloy light housing so they should have seen they didn't line up.

post-9044-0-56460100-1606001857.png

The screw holes in the released product appear to have been relocated however they are still incorrect. :banghead:

#29 GTRMaxhunter20

GTRMaxhunter20

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 March 2022 - 10:01 PM

How farking hopeless, the screw holes in the sample bezels in 2018 are obviously wrong. They even had one sitting on its corresponding alloy light housing so they should have seen they didn't line up.
post-9044-0-56460100-1606001857.png

The screw holes in the released product appear to have been relocated however they are still incorrect. :banghead:

They just don’t fit at all. I haven’t worked out how to share photos yet but if I could it would be pretty clear where the fitting issues are. I don’t think the angle of the surround taper to lenses is the same as the light housing angle and it is worst at the middle brake lense so there is a big gap there too. I can see these have been a long time in the waiting and all credit for the attempt to produce them but if they are being marketed now (and based on a test fit) then I have to assume this as good as they’re ever going to get. I can’t use them.

#30 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Lord Humungus The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Car:LJ GTR

Posted 30 March 2022 - 10:20 PM

Return for Full refund is The Only way “manufacturers” will get the message… Half of this repro stuff is for Display Purposes Only, Not intended to be actually fitted to a vehicle, most won’t fit without serious modifications which usually renders item useless…

#31 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,522 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 25 April 2022 - 09:56 PM

These are anodised over aluminium. I bought a set however I’m glad I test fitted one before painting the outer blackouts because they don’t fit. Nup. Screw holes don’t line up vertically or horizontally. I could probably distort them to make them fit using only some of the holes but this a pretty delicate/cosmetic part and without being a jeweller I’m certain the best outcome will be a ~ 5mm gap at the top corner. I only tried LHS but assume RHS will be the same.

Ben ^^^ has sent me some comparison pics of a repro rear light bezel and an OEM bezel to post up for him.

OEM bezel.

Attached File  Genuine bezel 01.jpg   208.84K   5 downloads

Attached File  Genuine bezel 02.jpg   83.24K   1 downloads

Attached File  Genuine bezel 03.jpg   54.26K   1 downloads

Repro Bezel.

Attached File  Repro bezel 02.jpg   214.17K   3 downloads

Attached File  Repro bezel 03.jpg   75.85K   2 downloads

Fitment of the repro bezel is extremely poor IMO. Personally I would not recommend anyone waste their money on these bezels unless they are desperate.

Edited by S pack, 25 April 2022 - 09:57 PM.

#32 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Name:Maz
  • Car:72 LJ SL SEDAN.

Posted 25 April 2022 - 11:07 PM

Seen this coming..id imagine all of the stuff he makes is junk..only recently told the guys on fakebook dont buy phils rubbish...hes still selling those shitty front bezels as exact copies on his description...lol.

Edited by madtoranajzedded, 25 April 2022 - 11:07 PM.

#33 GTRMaxhunter20

GTRMaxhunter20

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 April 2022 - 06:44 AM

Thanks for posting those up Dave.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users