#1 LH173

LH173

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 11:33 PM

Hi all,

I am re-installing a bench seat back into my LH Torana but have a couple of questions:

1. I am trying to order new seat belt buckles to suit a front bench seat (I won't be installing the lap belt in the front). According to Hemco the anchor on the buckle side that attaches to the tunnel can either be facing up or facing down. Does anyone know the correct way it should be facing? (PS I don't have all the original belts so I won't be re-webbing. I am also OK with new style seat belts and am not worried about keeping it original, I just want it to be safe.)

2. I am considering front retractable seat belts but the b pillar where the reel needs to go is not at 90 degrees. Has anyone installed retractable with a bench? Did it interfere with the bench? What brackets did you use? Is it worth doing it or should I just stick to static belts?

3. According to the workshop manual, when I fixing the bench seat to the chassis it says to use the rear mounting holes. Is this correct?

4. Similar to my first question, which way should the anchor points be facing for the rear seat belts, lap belt and buckles?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by LH173, 17 November 2020 - 11:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users